Chapter 45 - I only believe him

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

Fuck! Now if I say that I believe Xavier, Jason is going to create a drama in front of everyone. And if I defend Jason, Xavier is going to lose his shit. God! What do I do? 'Madalyne, you have to handle this smartly, you can do it.'

"Jason, we have class in a few minutes, let's talk later," I say with a smile as I turn around when he speaks up again.

"Are you forgetting the fact that he is not a safe guy to be with? You literally know what he did!" Jason retorts, clenching his nostrils.

"You fucking bast-," Xavier begins to stride towards him when I grab his masculine arm to stop him.

"Xavier not here!" I glare at him as he retreats. Then I turn to face Jason, "Jason, he is my boyfriend and it's my decision who I wanna be with and who I won't-,"

"Are you fucking serious, right now? Madalyne-," Xavier stops Jason.

"Don't you fucking utter her name with that filthy mouth with which you lied to her!" Xavier says in a gruff voice, making Jason take a step back.

"Jason! I am going to talk to you lat-,"

"What is going on?" A loud composed voice speaks from behind Jason, making me stiff, "Keep your dramatic arguments out of the campus, please!" Professor Johansson utters, entering the class as we follow him.

"Two of you! Different seats!" He declares when he sees Xavier and I sitting next to each other. What? We are not in high school anymore, bro!

"But-," I protest when he stops me.

"Madalyne, I don't want to report against you," He frowns at me and eventually I move to a different seat. Xavier, who is looking at the professor with narrow eyes, sits two rows behind me. Jason, who keeps shaking his head at me with a pissed look, sits in the column to my left; same row.

This is totally infuriating. The professor starts his lecture right away as we all turn our attention to him. At some point, I begin to feel uncomfortable when Jason keeps staring at me. I shift myself to my right, avoiding his gaze.

"Mr. Petewell, I need you to sit in the front row, please," Kai says once he notices my discomfort.

"What? Wh-,"

"Now!" Kai crosses his arm, his biceps almost ripping through his coat. I turn to look at Selena, who is uncontrollably blushing, staring at the professor. Huffing in annoyance, Jason moves down the front row. The lecture goes on just perfectly except me restlessly sitting and anticipating for when I can go back to Xavier.

........................................

"Can't I go with you? Please!" I plead to Xavier as he gets in his car, starting the engine.

"No, you have another lecture now. I promise I'll be back, love," Xavier kisses my forehead. He is really trying not to kiss me on the lips. Just now, Xavier informs me that he has some work so he needs to leave right away. I just got him back, what the hell!

"Fine!" I turn around, stomping my foot when I hear him chuckle. He drives away without even saying a goodbye. I guess I deserve it after pushing him away.

"Madalyne!" Here we go again. I turn around to see Jason furiously striding towards me.

"Look, Jason, my Xavier could never do that. I don't care what he did in the past but he has changed now so I only believe him," I assert, crossing my arms.

"Your Xavier?" Jason scoffs, "You are blind."

"Well, I don't care what you say. I am not one of those girls who believe others before discovering the whole truth,"

"So you're saying you don't believe me?" Jason asks.

"I am not saying anything, I don't fucking care," Fuck! Now I am having second thoughts. I really need to dig deep into the incident as soon as possible otherwise I am going to be on tenterhooks.

..........................................

"I can't believe, I got a mark less for not spelling the words correctly," Throughout the whole drive back to the dorm hall, Selena has been distressing about the Chemistry test results.

"After all, you got the process name's spelling wrong," I smirk as she rolls her eyes. I got full marks and I am really happy that after all the things going in my life, I am still able to study. I head to my room and open the door. My jaw drops when I see what's in there.

On the bed, Xavier leaning on the headboard as different types of food items and gifts lay on the bed in front of him. A huge box of chocolate lies beside him and a variety of savory food in front of him. My mouth becomes watery by the smell.

"I brought burgers since you love it but also brought pizza because you never said you hate it. And of course chocolates; sweet treat for my Queen," He points out the drink on the nightstand, "And coffee, the flavor you-," Before he can finish, I rush to him and jump as he catches me.

I press our lips together as I hold his face. I have missed this for more than two freaking weeks! Our lips move in rhythm until we hear a shout from outside.

"Hey! Save a little for me too!" Xavier and I chuckle when we hear Selena from the other side of the door and then I realize, "Did she know about this?"

"Huge thanks to her," Xavier smirks. I turn to look at everything on the bed. I don't need jewelry and dresses because food is enough as long as someone brings it for me. I can't believe Xavier remembered how much I die for food.

"So I finally get my kiss," Xavier smiles, "I hope you like them."

"Like??? Oh my god! I love all these, thank you!!" I squeal. He is really trying hard after I told him to work for it. We had a few slices of pizza and a burger as we fed each other. After a while, Xavier pulls me into his lap.

"And I have brought one more thing for you," Xavier says as he takes out a book with 'BIOTECHNOLOGY ENCYCLOPEDIA' written on it.

"Oh my God! Xavier, I-," Stop! Stop! Stop! Too early! Don't you dare make the same mistake, Madalyne!

"-I can't believe you got this! Thank you so much!" I kiss all over his face as he stares at me in admiration. I can't believe I almost said it. Shit! It's too early for the L word. I don't want to mess anything up.

"I am glad you like it. Original copy from America, just for you," He says making my heart almost jump out. He did all this for me? But I haven't done anything for him yet.

"Don't even think about paying me back for all these," He says as if he read my mind while stare at him, "I got the kiss and that's all! And tonight, I am claiming all of you.....," He kisses me again, leaving me lost for words. Our moment gets interrupted when my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"What the hell is this?" Dad hisses through the call.