Chapter 42 - Mission Failed

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

It has been more than two weeks since I have seen Xavier. I tried a lot to get him out of my mind but I fucking can't. I don't know how to get over my addiction to him. I miss him. I miss his warmth. I miss his grin. I miss ruffling his perfectly slicked hair. I miss tracing his inked body. I miss his blue eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jason asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Right now, we are in our chemistry lecture class. It takes a lot for me to step into Literature class since Xavier is also there; thank God he is in business.

I look behind to see Charlie and Thomas staring at me. They are trying hard to talk to me but every time I dismiss myself from their way.

"Yah, I am fine," I smile as he nods. The bruises and cuts are somewhat healing on his face but are still visible. I really feel bad for him but at the same time I also want to know what caused Xavier to do that to him.

"Alright, students, today's lecture is up to this. Everyone is dismissed," The professor declares to the class and all the chairs immediately squeak and the students get up.

"Madalyne!....Madalyne! Just for once listen to us!" I hear Charlie yell from a distance. So I turn around and look at them and so does Jason. The two boys glare at Jason then turn to look at me with a soft expression.

"Madalyne! Believe me, Xavier didn't do that to him," Thomas says as Charlie nods agreeing.

"Bullshit! You guys did this to me just because I am close to Madalyne," Jason snorts, crossing his arms.

"Shut the fuck up! We are not talking to you," Charlie snaps.

"But I am involved," Jason snaps back.

"Would you guys just shut up, for fuck sake? This is a university not some racing track where you guys would start fighting. Jason, just don't listen to them and you two," I turn to look at Charlie and Thomas, "I don't care who but Jason is still hurt because of you guys so don't defend your friends. Now, you three get out of my way."

Rolling my eyes I turn my heel and stride towards the library. My boot heels click on the floor with each of my steps as I enter the library. God, why did I even come here? Everything happens in this place.

I don't know whether to call it a cursed place because of the small fight and the Bethany drama or a lucky spot where Xavier and I met. Fuck, I feel like I am going to burst with emotions if I don't get my answers.

I could have listened to the boys but I also didn't want to create a scene. The only option is my devil himself. My devil? For fuck sake.

'Why am I cursing so much?' My mind is actually going insane that I might have a panic attack soon. Wanting to take my mind off him, I focus on the shelves for books. Then I realize I am in the wrong section. I am literally in the 'romance' section, what the hell?