Chapter 37 - Nothing more than that

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

I pour the hot coffee in the mug and then turn the stove off after cooking bacon and frying the eggs. I asked Selena how Madalyne likes her breakfast. Stuttering, she instructed me how to make breakfast.

I'm surprised that she likes a British breakfast; a lot of foreigners don't. After preparing, I head to her room to wake her. Honestly, I didn't sleep yesterday because I was busy admiring my angel.

Last night, during the plane journey, she fell asleep. So I had to carry her all the way to her dorm.

I enter her room and sit behind her as she is sprawled under the blanket. Sunlight falls on her as the whole room is filled with brightness. I can't believe she can live in such light in the morning. I guess that's what Angels do.

Last night, I meant when I said I like her and I'm happy that she feels the same. I felt like the luckiest man alive when she agreed to be my girlfriend.

Am I falling in love? No, no. Isn't it too early for that?

Is she ever going to like me after knowing about what I did three months ago? She isn't going to even look me in the eyes. Fuck!

I move the scattered hair strands from her face making her scrunch her nose in her sleep.

"Madalyne, darling, wake up. We class," I whisper in her ear, making her turn to her side, making herself even more comfortable.

"Madalyne, wake up," I say. She needs to wake up but I don't want her to. She looks peaceful and beautiful. Last night, after reading something on her phone, Madalyne's gesture changed. I know she is worried about something and I wish I knew.

"Nooo, I want to sleep," She says in a drowsy tone.

"If you don't wake up, I'm going to tickle you," I say when she jolts up.

"Please, no. I'm awake, look," Madalyne's chest rises up and down. Well, I think I have found the technique to wake her up.

 Well, I think I have found the technique to wake her up

Madalyne's POV

"Honestly, this is so good," I compliment as we take our breakfast, "You also cooked for me that morning after our first night,"

"For you," Xavier grins. We finish our breakfast and Xavier drives us to the campus. We depart our ways after lots of kisses in his car then I head inside to meet the girls.

"So how was Vegas? Did you take pictures?" Selena asks me as we walk to my French class.

"It was great. I really didn't get the chance to take pictures because the paparazzi did the job," I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh my God! You are famous," Sarah squeals.

"Xavier asked me to be his girlfriend," I blurt out, causing the girls to drop their jaws.

"Unbelievable," Chloe says, "Really?"

"OH MY GOD!" Selena screams out loud, making everyone in the hallway look at us, "Sorry," Selena looks at them apologetically.

"Oh shit," Sarah palms her mouth. They keep asking me a lot of questions until the bell rings and we part ways to join our designated lecture classes.

.............................

After the blood-boiling French class. I head outside the building to get some fresh air. Selena and Sarah just text me to inform me that they will be doing their assignments with a group so they aren't free now.

Chloe is busy with Quinton so I don't want to interrupt them. I quickly text Xavier to meet me by the library.

"Well, hello, Madalyne. How was Las Vegas?" I turn around to see the blonde girl, who encountered me in the washroom, walking up to me.

"Vegas was great, after all, I was Xavier's date," I smile widely at her. I don't care if I sound like a bitch to a bitch.

"Of course, after all, you are behind him every day, he had no other choice but to take you," She rolls her eyes.

"And he is behind me every night," I smirk and wink at her, leaving her gaping at me.

"Whatever, you are just an annoying girl he can't get rid of," She scoffs.

"Aren't you the annoying one? Watching us make out that day, like a creep," I say with a disgusted look.

"I wasn't!" She stomps her feet like a kid, "Don't forget that you are just his bitch, nothing more than that!"

"Really? Let's ask Xavier!" I grab her arm and drag her all the way to the library. Everyone stares at us as we enter.

"Woah, what's going on?" A frowning Charlie appears with the boys behind him. Xavier steps up and frowns at me then his expression changes into anger as soon as he notices the girl beside me.

"Madalyne? What is going on?" Xavier asks.

"This girl right here thinks that I am your bitch who is annoying and you can't get rid off. So I brought her here to ask if that's true or not," I cross my arms against my chest and lean against a shelf.

"What?" Xavier asks then looks at the blondie, "How fucking dare you say that to my girlfriend?!"

As soon as Xavier says that, gasps and whispers can be heard all around the library. Blondie looks at him with wide eyes; probably having a mental heart attack.

"Listen, Britney, I am warning you for the last fucking time, stay away from Madalyne or it won't be good for you." Xavier points his finger to her. Honestly, his husky tone is scaring me. If I were her, I would be six feet underground.

"It's Bethany," Bethany mumbles. Who gives a damn fuck? "But, you don't do relationships. And why her? I-,"

"That's enough, Britney bitch, get lost," Leo says, grabbing her and walking her out of the library. I look at everyone still staring at us so I give them the look and they go back to their business.

"Nah, Britney Spears is an icon. I don't want to disrespect her by calling Bethany that," Leo says once he returns back.

"Are you okay?" Xavier asks me as I wrap my arms around his neck, inhaling his intoxicated scent.

"I am! Are you?" I say.

"I am always okay," Xavier chuckles and I raise my eyebrows at him, "I am always fine for you."

"Alright, love birds, when is the wedding?" We turn around to see Leo smirking as the boys burst out laughing. I knew we had it coming.

......................................

Xavier had to leave the campus because there is an emergency in one of the headquarters. The boys offered to give me a ride but I declined because I had to print some notes out. I wait outside for the girls so they can give me a ride.

"Madalyne.....," A familiar cracked voice calls me from behind. I turn around and look at the person.

"You- OH MY GOD!" I gasp loudly as I look at the person before me.

Vote and Comment please