Chapter 44 - My Strong Woman

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

Changing into a new black t-shirt, I step out of my room when I hear a loud squeal. I rush towards where the sound is coming, heading towards the main balcony on the second floor. I abruptly stop walking when I see the ruffling of my pet chow chow.

"Oh dear God! He is so cute!" The dog is overwhelmed by Madalyne's caress and nuzzles into her. Madalyne's head snaps to her side once she notices and her eyes widen with a flashing smile, "Xavier! I didn't know you had a chow chow. Aww, isn't he adorable!"

'Damn it! That animal is getting more affection from her than I ever got,' My inner jealous subconscious says.

"His name is Baloo; I got him three years ago," I say as I ruffle his head and Madalyne pouts at his cuteness. Madalyne tries to carry him when I stop, "Don't! He is heavy!"

"What? I am a strong woman," She utters proudly as she leaves the balcony and heads downstairs, carrying chow chow and mumbling every now and then that he is cute. I quickly trail behind her and shout-

"My strong woman!" And in return I get a soft laugh.

...............................................

"So.... You guys made up?" Thomas asks Madalyne and me. My mates, brothers and James were all waiting in the bar beside the fireplace until Madalyne and I got downstairs. Madalyne puts Baloo, who is currently playing around with James and Atlas, down and takes a seat by the bar.

"Kind of," She asserts, pouring some wine and sipping while the boys gape at her with wide eyes then shift to me, noticing my bandaged knuckles.

"Oh- okay- good," Thomas gulps, not sure what else to say. They send me a questioning look to which I roll my eyes.

"Anyways, uh- Madalyne, I am going to have to warn you; stay away from Jason, he is not what he looks like," Charlie says and everyone else nods. Putting the drink aside, Madalyne lets out a deep breath and stands up.

"If I stay away from him then how am I going to find out the truth," She raises her eyebrows, telling them. The boys look at each other before nodding to themselves but I roll his eyes. Lately, I have been doing that a lot.

"But-," I start when Madalyne stops me.

"Trust me, I have done this before," She smirks when the boys chuckle; each pouring a drink to themselves. What does she mean by that? But my angel is clever as devil though and turns me on.

"Cheers to that!" They all chime out drinks and sip it all in.

I, again, roll my eyes and shake my head, "I'll be waiting outside," With that I stride down the front hallway and step outside.

"See you tomorrow, gentlemen," I hear Madalyne say as she takes out her keys, "Bye, Atlas!" I wave towards Atlas who frowns and rushes towards me as she steps outside.

"NOOOO!!! Please, don't go yet!" He wraps his arms around her and puts his head on her shoulder.

"I wish I could, Atlas, But I really need to cause it's late at night," Madalyne smiles, scrunching his nose and ruffling his hair. He springs away when he hears my throat clearing.

"Ahem.... Atlas....," I say in a warning tone. Atlas hides behind Theo. After receiving hugs from the boys, Madalyne and I walk towards her jeep.

"Don't hurt yourself anymore; promise me," Madalyne says as she wraps her hands around my neck.

"I promise that I will try not to," I smirk and roll my eyes, for the two hundredth time today.

"You need to stop doing that otherwise your eyes will get stuck behind by the time you're thirty," Madalyne bursts into hysterical laughter as I just stare at her mesmerizing beauty. I can't believe she is making me work for a kiss.

"Hahaha....Your eyes....haha....you r-really need to....hahaha....stop doing that....hahaha," She cannot even finish as she talks between her uncontrollable laughter. I cannot stop myself so I let out a low laugh. The guys will definitely make fun of me later on if they hear me now.

"I love it when you laugh," She blushes as I caress her cheeks. I'll try to laugh, if that's what she wants. She gets into her jeep when I let her go. I don't want to.

"Tomorrow morning is Literature, come early," She says as I kiss the back of her hands.

"Still not getting my kiss?" I raise my eyebrows. She starts the engine and looks at me through the window.

"Just like I said, work for it," Her smirk sends a sensation through my heart. Rolling her window up, she drives away through the gates, disappearing on the busy road.

'Fuck, I might just fall in love with this woman-'

What did I just think?

..................................

The next day, around nine thirty a.m., I leave for Campus. I immediately search for Madalyne when I reach there. I assume Madalyne is somewhere in the library with her friends. Everyone's movement stops when I enter the library. Why does everyone act like I am some criminal on the loose?

I notice a hand waving in the air. Madalyne and her friends sit by the window. I wonder why we all hang out in the library.

"Hey," I pull her onto my lap, not giving a shit about who sees, "Xavier, we are in the library," Madalyne gasps.

"Morning, love," I smirk as I notice her friends gulping at each other. Whatever. After a while, we head towards the lecture hall, with Madalyne's hand in mine. The entire hall gapes at us. Like what the fuck is wrong with them?

"Madalyne?" A voice makes Madalyne turn around.

"Jason.... Is everything alright?" Madalyne tells him with a calm posture as if that nothing happened ever between us three.

"Are you kidding me?" Jason hisses in disbelief.