Chapter 14 - Speechless

Third Person POV

'Should I go in or not?' Madalyne debates, standing in front of the gates. It is the giant gates with the letters X and H imprinted on them. She is not sure whether he is home or not. She is worried about how he will react if I go. 'Will he accept my apology?'

It has been two days since Xavier hasn't come to campus. Madalyne asked Charlie for Xavier's number so she could contact him. She did call him many times but not once he picked up. She knows he is angry at me but why wouldn't he come to classes.

"Ma'am, how may I help you," An unfamiliar voice pulls Madalyne out of her thoughts. He is around fifty or so; dressed in a suit, wearing an earpiece. He must be a guard.

"I-uh- I am here to meet Xavier..... I am Madalyne, by the way," Madalyne utters, not sure what else to say. The guard tenses up when he hears her name. He debates for a few seconds whether to inform Xavier about it or not.

"Okay, follow me ma'am," The guard steps aside motioning Madalyne to enter through the gates. Stepping inside, Madalyne follows the guard walking ahead on the driveway. Oak trees surround the huge wood-concrete mansion. It has floor-to-ceiling glass windows with dark curtains restricting the sunray. The driveway divides the huge green yard in front of the main entrance.

"Oh, please call me Madalyne," Madalyne feels embarrassed to be addressed as 'ma'am'. There is a huge fountain constructed in the middle of the circular driveway.

"Sure, Madalyne. I am Lucas, the head guard," Lucas introduces himself as him and Madalyne enters the mansion. An aroma of paint welcomes me. 'Paint?' Madalyne wonders.

"What's that smell? Isn't it paint?" Madalyne asks Lucas, frowning. Then she sees two men appearing from the front gate, carrying canvases and canvas stands. They pass the living room, disappearing upstairs.

"Madalyne, please wait here. I will inform sir," Lucas states in a serious voice. Madalyne watches as Lucas heads upstairs.

..............................

"Sir," Lucas knocks on the door to Xavier's room.

He can't get over the fact that Madalyne kicked him out. He thinks that she should be grateful that he even stayed till morning. He never had stayed all night for his past flings.

Thinking about her made him increase the speed up of the treadmill. He runs as if a wild animal is chasing him. He is so absorbed in his thoughts about Madalyne that he doesn't even realize that someone is in his room.

"Sir! You are going to hurt yourself!" Lucas calls for him in a concerned tone.

"Lucas, get out!" Xavier orders in a loud tone. He doesn't stop when Lucas again calls for him to stop.

"Sir, Madalyne is here!" Lucas nervously says causing Xavier to speed up even more.

"It won't work this time, Lucas get the fuck out!" He roars. He has no time for this bullshit. No one can stop him now.

"Sir! Please! She is waiting downstairs," Lucas has no idea what else to say. This young man is not going to believe him.

"I DON'T CARE-," Xavier stops when he sees Madalyne standing outside the room, with a hurt look in her brown eyes. She has no idea how to react to what Xavier just said. The only thing she knows that Xavier doesn't want to see her.

"Madalyne," Xavier gets off the machine, not caring it is still on.

"It's okay, I just- I'll go now," Madalyne turns to leave, running down the hallway when the room catches her attention. The doors were half closed. She took steps towards the dark room, pushing the doors open. Madalyne couldn't believe the sight before her. Her eyes widen in surprise as her mouth slightly departs.

On the wall, hangs a captivating portrait of Madalyne. The artistic portrait covers every detailed feature of her face; from the crease of her eyes to the nasolabial folds. It is definitely not painted from any photo. Her brown hair lays on her shoulders, even her irises have been highlighted to honey-brown pigment. Her heart-warming wide smile brightens the whole dark room.

Madalyne cannot even utter a word, she is so engrossed by the art that she does not even hear the slow footsteps behind her. A bare chest presses against Madalyne's back which startles her. Xavier's warm hands run up her arms, making her shiver. Xavier gently moves her hair aside and nears his lips beside her ear.

"Do you like it?" Xavier asks her.

"I-I-I am speechless, Xavier. It is so beautiful, I don't know what to say," Madalyne is lost for words. Not once in her life, she has witnessed something so wonderful like this. Madalyne has seen many art works as she herself has a passion for painting. Never in her life, has she seen an artwork like this.

"It is for you, love," Xavier says, turning her around. He can see the tears welling in her eyes. He believes that Madalyne is more beautiful than any artistic work in this world. She is an angel trapped in the devil's warmth.

Even Xavier himself doesn't know why he painted her; perhaps because of being enchanted by her beauty, perhaps being hypnotized by eyes. He just knew he wanted to do it.

"Xavier, it is amazing, I love it.......," She says looking down at her hands. Guilt trickles inside her. She recalls that morning when she told him to leave. She looks him in the eyes.

"I am sorry for what I said, I shouldn't have said that.... I am-," Xavier immediately shuts her up by crashing his lips to her. Tingles and sparkles escalate inside them rapidly as well as their heart beats. The kiss holds so many emotions which are unfamiliar to them. Xavier pulls away, staring at her mesmerizing eyes.

"You would be forgiven if you agree to go somewhere with me tomorrow," Xavier smirks, stroking her hair. Madalyne let out a laugh which Xavier can listen to all day. Everything about her relaxes him.

"So it's a date?" Madalyne raises her eyebrow.

"You could say," Xavier continues after a few seconds, "I didn't mean what I said back there......"

"No it's ok......you had to ruin the show. I was enjoying it though," Madalyne pouts, tracing his chest.

"You don't want to start something that won't end until tomorrow," Xavier smirks, pecking her lips.

"What if I do?" Madalyne says biting her lips. Xavier immediately picks her up causing her to laugh hysterically.

"No, No, Xavier, put me down, I was joking," Her legs go either side of Xavier's waist, wrapping him.

"Fine," Xavier chuckles, "But don't say that ever again otherwise I cannot hold back." Xavier carries her to his bedroom. He lays her on his bed and then he lies beside her.

"Since when do you paint?" Madalyne asks him, stroking his hair.

"Since I was sixteen, perhaps,"

"Why did you paint my portrait?" Madalyne asks, hoping for his genuine answer.

"Because I was upset......," Xavier trails off, "Anyway, do you like painting?"

"I do, actually..... I have some art works but that's only for me to see."

"I am going to barge into your dorm and find it anyway," Xavier says, making Madalyne roll her eyes.

"Yah what-," A ringtone cuts Madalyne off. Madalyne looks into her purse for her phone.

"Hello?" Madalyne picks up and says.

"Madalyne.........," Madalyne wishes she never picked up.

................................

V

ote and Comment
Thanks for reading
Mystoria
Peace out-