Chapter 17 - Museum

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

We drive through the busy streets of Cambridge as soon as we left the building. He has not uttered a word ever since. I try to talk to him but he won't even budge. After a lot of attempts, I give up. If he doesn't want to talk, so won't I.

"Who was that bastard?" Xavier growls, stopping the car in the middle of nowhere. What the hell are we doing here?

"He is my fucking partner on the project. Don't tell me you're mad at that!" I let out a frustrated sigh. Oscar offered to carry my heavy bag for me which I gladly accepted. How can Xavier be mad at him being chivalrous?

"He was standing way too close to what is mine!" Xavier cups my face, pulling me close to his. He intensely stares at me, shattering my insides, sending butterflies. Our faces are so close that I can feel his minty breath on my face. Even with just a look, he weakens my soul.

"But he cannot have what is yours," I whisper as I pull him, meeting his smirking lips with mine into a passionate kiss. I grab his hair as Xavier pulls me onto his lap holding me close. Our tongues tangle as we fight for dominance.

"I have been wanting to do that," I say as we pull away to breathe. Xavier's hand slides up under my shirt, grabbing my breast.

"Xavier! Not here!" I grasp then moan when he tightens his squeeze. I hide my face in the crook of his neck, giving wet kisses.

"Where are we?" I whisper in his ear.

"Come on," Xavier says, opening the door. I get out first as Xavier follows then. He interlaces our hand and walks us to this huge building. I then notice the big sign on top of the building saying 'Speed'.

"Hold on! Isn't Speed one of the top car companies in the whole world? What are we doing here?" I ask as we enter the building. There are no people around and the inside is so dark, I can barely see. Xavier puts his hand on a scanner beside a huge door, the door suddenly goes up and all the light turns on, almost making me blind.

"Wow!" I exclaim as I am too astonished to say anything else. There are cars and cars everywhere kept in rows. Most of them are sports cars, shining as the spot light reflects their shiny surfaces.

"Did I ever tell you that I own Speed Inc. and this is one of my many bases," Xavier says standing behind me, leaning against one of the cars. I have heard about Speed but never knew that he owns it. I look at him shocked.

"You don't look like the guy who owns a business!" I raise my eyebrow looking at him.

"Then what do I look like," Xavier chuckles as he walks out of the garage.

"You look like you snap people's neck if they dare to look at you," I laugh, echoing throughout the whole base. I walk in one of the rows; passing Porsche 911, Alpine A110, Porsche 718 and many other cars.

"Very funny, now come here, love," Butterflies fly in my stomach whenever he calls me that. I walk to where he went. I see him standing behind a desk.