Chapter 15 - Cappuccino

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"Madalyne.........," I wish I never picked up. This voice brings out one of the most despairing memories.

"How many times I told you not to call me," My voice comes out shaky. Her voice brings so many memories; especially the bad once. The day I left Canada, I warned her not to reach out to me ever again.

"Please.....your mother misses you," Tears begin to rush in my eyes. Xavier places his hand on my arm, frowning.

"No you don't, otherwise you would have showed up at the airport," I consume back my tears because I don't want to cry for this woman.

"Mady......... I was angry......," There is a long pause until she continues, "I know what I did was wrong but I realized my mistake now and you just need you to forgive me-," I interrupt. I know my mother very well; she is not the type of woman to realize her mistakes.

"Look, mom, I know it's not forgiveness that you want from me. What do you want?" I have moved on from all these bullshit the day I left Canada. I started a new life here; I won't stop till I become the person I have always wanted to be. No one can come between me and my ambition.

"Mady.....please baby.....I miss you......take me there-," This woman's audacity.

"Ohhhhhh......now I know what suddenly made you recall that you have a daughter.......," I take a deep breath; I don't want to stress about this right now, "You just want to come here..... lemme guess.... Your boyfriend kicked you out?"

"Madalyne! I said I am sorry but you just don't listen, do you? No wonder I kicked y-," Now there are the true colours.

"Madalyne I didn't mean that.... I am sorry....mad-," She keeps apologizing until I cut the call with my last words.

"Go find another boyfriend, mom. Goodbye and never ever call me again," I throw my phone into the purse, gripping my hair. My skin crawls with anger. Honestly, I am not surprised because I have been her drama before. I just feel frustrated that she has the audacity to call herself a mother after what she did.

"Madalyne, what happened?" Xavier asks when I stand up to leave.

"Xavier, I need some fresh air," I walk out of the room as Xavier follows me. We reach downstairs when Xavier stops me.

"Tell me what happened," Xavier engulfs me into a warm hug. I rest my head on his chest. His six feet two inch figure makes my five feet seven inch body so small.

"Maybe some other day but now I need to go, I have work," I smile, pulling myself as I peck on his soft lips.

"Let me drive you," Xavier offers, walking with me towards the driveway.

"No thanks, I brought my jeep,"

"You have a jeep? I hate them," Xavier rolls his eyes.

"Well, unlucky you, I love jeeps," I realize that our choices, lifestyle and thinking are so different. I look around his landscape and there are sports cars everywhere. I don't like fast cars; they give me anxiety.