Chapter 30 - Congratulations

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Theo as we fly over to London in my jet. I could not sleep last night as my mind was clouded with Theo's plan. Either this plan turns out to be successful or a ridiculous disaster.

"Yes, I am nine-nine percent sure that this has to work, I don't see any other way," Theo furrows his eyebrows, looking at me, "This might not work though!"

"For fuck sake, Theo, think positive!" Being tired from the journey, I throw my head backwards and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Gentlemen, please buckle your seat belts, the plane is about to land," The flight attendant informs us.

Today is going to be a long day.

...........................

"Make sure she gets to her dorm safe and make sure that bastard is nowhere near her," I tell Joseph through the phone call as he starts laughing upon my words. I look outside the window as we are being driven to my parents' mansion.

"Okay, mate, we four are on our duty so calm down," Joseph chuckles with a hint of sarcasm. Then I hear a voice from the other side.

"Joseph, come on, everyone is waiting for you! Hurry up!" My whole body relaxes up hearing the Elysian voice. I could fall into slumber right now. 

"Uh- yah- I am coming, give me a second," I hear Joseph inform Madalyne, "I have to go now, mate. Leo is taking everyone to his resort out of town as tomorrow is Sunday."

"Okay, take care of her, bye" I hang up the call when I realize we have reached the front gates. The huge silver gates open as we enter their driveway. A guard opens the doors for us as we get out and adjust our long coats. The weather seems cold but bearable.

The front entrance gates of the mansion open as two guards greet us, bowing to us. Looks as if we are some royal members entering. For fuck sake, the longer I stay in this hell, the more it's going to piss me off.

"The fuck is this? Eighteenth century or something? Fucking hell!" Theo whispers as we are being escorted to the back garden where I assume Mr. and Mrs. Hendry are. The huge garden welcomes us with a fresh breeze as we walk towards the patio in the middle of the garden; where they are sitting, sipping her tea.

"So you finally got your senses back and decided to come to where you belong," Teresa narrows her eyes to us while sipping her drink. Here we go again.

"We don't belong in the trash, Teresa," I glare at her, making her put down her drink. She sends her caricature glare at me.

"I will be waiting in the library, come there once you finish your dramatic breakfast," With that I head inside towards the library. I notice there are at least twenty maids and servants. Like why? There are only two people in this house. The walls are tinted with red walls and wooden ceiling with at least hundred lights and lots of chandeliers here and there. What is this? A circus house? Or can Teresa not see her wrinkled face in just one light?

Entering the library alone, I take out a random book from one of the shelves as I wait for them. My father loves reading and this is the only trait I got from him. I am so glad I am nothing like him. I don't run away from life problems and loved ones, unlike him. I would never treat my children like he did.

The door swings open as both Teresa and William enter. Williams leans against the window bench and Teresa takes a seat on the sofa, crossing her legs with a glass of wine in her hand.

"So how's the casino business going?" Crossing my arms, I ask them as I lean against the shelf. Their faces turn from poker expressions to pale. They glance at each other at my words; taking deep gulps.

"It is going great, why son?" William raises his brows, suspiciously staring at me.

"Oh! I just thought maybe I could show Theo around the casino a bit," I take the wine from Teresa's hand and take a sip of it. They know something is wrong. They'll soon know what.

"Really? That is good. Finally these two wants to work with their family," Teresa snatches her drink back from me.

"Right and one more thing. So the main reason we are here is because we want to take Atlas back," I put the book back to where it was. My mother stands up, stomping her feet on the carpeted floor.

"What? And how are you going to do that?" Teresa crosses her arm, challenging me.

"Oh, the asylum called yesterday, saying that he has to stay with me for four months," I mutter to them.

"What? No!" Teresa hisses.

"Yes, they told me not to bring him here," I tell them.

"Why would they call you?" Teresa asks in haste, grabbing my arm.

"Why wouldn't they?" I frown.

"Why would they? They didn't call me. They should call me first," Teresa blabbers, taking out her phone.

"Why would they call you?"

"Because I admitted him there so they should call me firs-,"

"What?" We all turn our head to the door. Teresa and William stood there wide-eyed. The door fully swings open, revealing a teary-eyed Atlas with Theo behind him.

"Atlas, I didn't-," Teresa takes steps towards Atlas only for him to step back.

"You bad mum! You bad! It was you!" Atlas goes behind Theo, "Please, I don't want to stay here, take me! Please!" Atlas yells at him.

"Atlas, no! Baby, listen to me-," Teresa tries to hold Atlas but stumbles back when he pushes her. Teresa hits her back to the door, making her yelp in pain at the same time glare at him.

"YOU FUCKING BRAT!!" Teresa screams at Atlas making him cry out in fear even more. I cannot believe I was born in this insane family. 

"HOW DARE YOU CURSE AT HIM!! Theo, take him to the car," I tell Theo before he leaves with a crying Atlas. I turn to look at the couple who look at me with a raving expression.

"No! He is not going anywhere! He is my son! You cannot take him away!" Teresa throws her usual tantrums. William tries to calm his wife down.

"Teresa, let him go!" William's words take me by surprise.

"What? William?" Teresa stares at her husband wide-eyed.

"I think it's better if he stays with them.....take care of yourself and them, Xavier," William looks at me.

"And last thing, don't you want to congratulate me on inheriting the casino?" Teresa looks like she is about to faint whereas William looks like he knew he had it coming. Nodding to himself, he takes out some papers and hands them to me.

"Congratulations," William says, taking Teresa, who is constantly protesting and is shocked with what just happened. Snatching the papers, I leave the room -without glancing back.

For the first time in his fatherhood, he did something right.