Chapter 41 - I just needed a hug

Madalyne's POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Madalyne's POV

"Madalyne Colson?" A familiar American accented voice echoes through the call.

"Yes... Jonathan?" I ask.

"Yah.. it's me... you remembered...how's it going?" He asks. Why would he call me?

"Um- good... what about you? How are you?" I ask as I put the call on speaker and slip into my clothes.

"I am fine.. you must be wondering why I called you?" He says.

"Yah but first of all how did you get my number?" My croaky voice says.

"I have sources but that's not the point," Jon grumbled, "I have to tell you something,"

"What is it?" I hastily ask, sitting on my bed.

"Madalyne, I-," Some rustling can be heard then the line goes silent.

"Hello? Hello? Jonathan?? Hello?" I utter hoping for a response but the line is flat but not cut. I try to make out what is going on the other side.

"Hello? Jonathan? Can you hear me? Hello?" No response comes from the other side but that's when I hear something. A faint breath? Heartbeat? Jonathan doesn't breathe like that? Was it someone else?

"Hello?" I whisper this time because I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I try to closely listen but that's when the call goes dead making me startle.

"Oh shit!" I whisper to myself as I lie down. I need some sleep then maybe stay in for the whole day. But the call is bothering me. What if Jonathan is in danger? Maybe it's just the network issue after all he is down in America.

Maybe I can call him back later or meet up when he comes here. I hope he is alright.

.................................

"Madalyne..... eat something, don't starve yourself," I hear Selena from the other side of the door. I don't know how long I have been lying on the bed and silently crying. I look out of the window to see it's almost evening as the darkness falls upon the leaden sky.

Getting no response from me, I hear Selena's footsteps fade. After some time, I hear a couple of footsteps towards my room.

"Mad! Open the fucking door!" Chloe's raucous voice hollered through the door, following a loud bang. Why can't they just leave me alone?

"Mady! Please! Just eat something; you haven't had lunch," Selena says with a concerned tone. When the girls would be upset about anything, they skip their meals. I always take some food to them and nag until they give in and eat. Now they are giving me the same treatment.

"Instead of taking out his anger on us by giving us the silent treatment, just eat some damn food," Chloe hisses.

"Oh! So you think I don't have any anger towards you guys? Just leave me alone!" I yell back. My throat already hurts from all the sobbing.

"For fuck sake, Madalyne!" I hear Chloe kick the door out of frustration. I hear Selena tell Chloe to relax but I know she won't until I come out.

"Madalyne, we know as friends we failed but we also didn't because for the first time in so long we have seen you happy even if it is because of Xavier. Trust me; it took us everything to not tell you," Selena sighs, "Please, don't be upset with us,"

I get up and open the door. Right now, I need my friends who lean their shoulders for me to cry on; not the friends who hid the truth from me. Selena almost has tears in her eyes and Chloe takes a deep sigh before they pull me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Fucking-finally! You scared us!" Chloe rolls his eyes. That one friend who curses every time they open their mouth.

"Hey! What about me?!" Sarah screams when she enters through the entrance door and rushes to us, "Madalyne, took you long enough...."

"I just needed a hug," I mutter under my breath then immediately break down as tears fall uncontrollably from my swollen eyes.

"Oh no...Mady....," Selena makes me sit down and wrap her arms around me as I let it all out. An intense tremor overtakes my body and tears roll down my cheeks. Emotions tear through my heart and soul.

"Why m-me? Wasn't Ian enough?" My wobbly voice cries out. I feel so weak and lifeless. This is why I never wanted to be with anyone after Ian because heart breaks make me weak no matter what the reason is. And being weak is the last thing I want to be.

"Mady...shh... you are not weak.... You never were and never will be. In fact, you are one of the strongest women I have ever seen. You didn't let Ian or your family break you; you lived your life the way you wanted and look," Selena smiles, "You are living your dream today."

An ocean of realization washes over me. She is right; I never let Ian stop me from getting what I worked for and neither did I let mom do the same to me. I cannot be weak now. I have an amazing life ahead of me and I cannot let anyone ruin it.

...................................

"Did you even see up close what he did to Jason?" I ask the girls. Since evening we have been cuddling and watching Netflix movies. It is around midnight.

"I think we have seen enough," Sarah sighs.

"I don't believe that creep when he said it was Xavier.... I just don't...," Selena says.

"I think we all know what happened at the library," Chloe rolls her eyes.

"That was because he touched Madalyne," Selena snaps back at . Sarah and I cannot help but roll our eyes.

"Oh come on... that doesn't change anything. The truth is that Xavier takes out his anger on people and what happens when he does the same to Mada-,"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Chloe!" I glare at her, clenching my jaw, "You are going too far with your assumptions. I have spent long enough with him to realize that he would never even raise his voice at me."

"Sorry," Chloe mutters.

"I kind of agree with Selena. I never trusted Jason anyway and if Xavier says he didn't do that Jason maybe he didn't!" Sarah says, "I am not taking anyone's side."

"Are we forgetting the fact that the two boys literally said that the same happened to them and everyone saw it!" Chloe debates.

"But no one saw what happened to Jason, duh!" Selena debates back.

"Guys! Just stop it! Let's forget everything and Madalyne," Sarah looks at me, "Just move on and concentrate on your life not Jason or Xavier! Bye I am going to sleep."

We all just stare at her as she leaves the living room and heads to her room.

"BUT-," Both Selena and Chloe started in union but I stopped them.

"Guys, please. This is my issue and I am going to find a solution; perhaps just listen to what Sarah said. It's pretty late, goodnight," I say and head to bed without looking back.

'Mission: Avoid Xavier Hendry for the rest of your life!'

XAVIERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें