Chapter 31 - I missed this

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"Leo, this is such an awesome place!" Selena says in amusement as we step inside his resort. A huge pool surrounds the resort as we have to cross a bridge to get to the other side. Palm trees stand upright like soldiers guarding the whole area.

"Of course, feel free to do anything, just don't die in my resort," Leo says sarcastically and disappears somewhere inside with Sarah. Selena pulls me and Chloe into a huge room whose balcony is exposed to the lake nearby. Floral aroma welcomes us when we enter the balcony.

"We are going to have lots of fun so no work or study for today," Selena smiles in the thought of her today's plan.

...............................

"....... Then I told her to fuck off," Thomas tells us the story about when a girl wanted to hook up with him in a party. And that girl happens to be the one who confronted me in the female washroom. All of them have their own different story about the blonde girl, Bethany, after I told them about 'the talk' between her and me.

"You are right Madalyne, she dresses like a high school kid. We can basically see her butt," Charlie sighs as we burst into laughing, "That one blonde girl who is a bitchy cheerleader and thinks that every popular boy is her boyfriend."

"So true!" Sarah rolls her eyes. It is now five in the evening as we sit, surrounding the bonfire. We all had a long day as Leo showed us different places around the resort. I must say, it truly is a type of place to take a small break from the busy life, just like Essex.

I haven't seen Xavier since the library incident; I wonder where he is.

"Thinking about X?" A voice teases beside me. Joseph smirks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Maybe. Where is he by the way?" I ask him. Everyone is busy at the moment with each other. Chloe insisted on bringing Quinton with us. Chloe looks so happy with him.

"Uhm- I am not going to lie to you, he is in London, dealing with his parents. He'll be at campus tomorrow, I believe," Joseph says, sipping his drink.

"Oh," Silence falls between us, "He is upset with me, isn't he? It was mainly my idea to stay away from each other."

"Honestly, he is upset but not with you; he is upset because he doesn't want to stay away from you," Joseph takes a sip before continuing, "This feeling is all new to him so he is just confused, I guess."

"The feeling is mutual. I fucked it up," I look at my friends, "They are so happy; everyone around me seems happy; I could have been too if I didn't fuck it all up."

"You cannot blame your panic attacks for that-,"

"But I could overcome it! I can't even do that!" I sigh.

"Madalyne.....," Joseph takes a deep breath, "Not everyone has perfect relationships; such as me. My ex cheated on me last year; she was my first girlfriend ever."

"I am so sorry-,"

"Don't be sorry...... I am still very happy, look at me. It is not important to have a perfect love life like movies and novels. Everything has its ups and downs. So it doesn't matter if you are upset or him; at the end you both have feelings for each other, that's what matters."

"Wow, you seem an expert on these things," I smirk, pushing his shoulder with my shoulder.

"Believe me, I am not but it feels good to talk," Joseph says as I agree with him. We just sit there, looking at the fire unfolding its fierce blazes. We all chatter about everything and nothing. Charlie tells us the story about how the boys met each other. After that we girls tell our story about how we met.

................................

"Oh my gosh! It has been a long day!" Selena sighs as we change into night clothes.

"I know, right!" I say. My phone rings with text messages.

Xavier: Come outside, love.

I don't wait a second before I rush outside barefooted. I am wearing a loose t-shirt and shorts despite the freezing weather.

A cold breeze hits me when I step outside. I look around like a lost kid, looking for Xavier. I walk over to the pool when I see Xavier pacing around with hands dug in his pocket. I could look at this sight all day long.

"Xavier!" I shout out, catching his attention. His head snaps to my direction as I sprint over to him and jump at him as he catches me without any effort.

"Madalyne," He whispers before meeting my lips. Our lips move in a fierce rhythm and passion. I missed this so much. I missed him so much.

"I missed this," I whisper between breaths, "I missed you."

"I don't think I can stay away from you, love," Xavier's eyes burn into me. His husky voice sends shivers through me. Seeing my attire, Xavier pulls me inside his huge coat by wrapping it around me.

"Me neither," I chuckle, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Let's go inside, it's freezing," We head inside.

.....................................

"That doesn't mean you would punch that poor guy," I laugh out as we talk about the incident in the library.

"He had it coming," Xavier chuckles as he talks about his lash out on Jason. We lay on the bed as he strokes my arm.

"Xavier," I call for him to which he 'hum's, "I really enjoyed Essex except the part where I fucked up."

"You didn't fuck up anything, Madalyne..... even though we couldn't stay away, your decision was not wrong. Maybe in your perspective, you wanted to only give time to your career instead of being with me and there is nothing wrong with it."

"You are right, I never would've given any time to anyone but with you it's different." I breathe out.

"I'm sorry for pressuring you into telling me about your panic att-"

"Shhh...... it's not your fault. If I were you, I would've wanted to know too," I press my lips against him.

I wish I could stay in his warmth forever. He has no idea how much it relaxes me -him stroking my hair, caressing my cheeks, massaging my stressed shoulder.

"Come to Vegas with me, next week," Xavier blabbers out of the blue. I frown my eyes at him.

"It's an auto race tournament. It's taking place on Saturday. Will you join me?" Xavier looks at me with a glow of hope in his eyes. I have never been to America and I have heard a lot about Las Vegas like its club parties, racing and sports and more others.

"Uhm- sure, I would love to," I tell him as he gives me a flashing smile.

This is going to be fun.