Chapter 24

Iason's head was about to blow. He took his hands off his face, looking for the only person he cared about, Maeve. She was comforting Miss Smith; however, her eyes were on Antonio. She was scrutinizing him as if he'd done something sinister.
           Iason trusted Maeve's suspicions more than his own. The prophecy indicated and appointed it. Nevertheless, he didn't expect this to occur this quickly. She's acting as if she's already reborn.
          Although according to the book, a foolish vampire would drink her blood during the blood moon, and she'll become the most powerful vampire slayer ever. Under a blood moon, are all vampires incapable of not drinking human blood, and it doesn't matter what trait they maintain. Thus it would be impossible to keep any vampire away from her just because Maeve was not only a descendent of Van Helsing but an intoxicating one.
           Mei wished to send Miss Brianna to Kamama and let the class continue with the lecture. Iason, on the other hand, had another idea. He dismissed everyone and let them have a day off from school.
           Iason called everyone to the professor's room for a meeting. He wanted to get to the bottom of this. Everyone was there, even Antonio, but not Mr. Khan. Mei was talking on the phone with the police. Kamama called the parents to tell the news and calm them down. She had that impeccable ability, which he wished he could use too. But instead, he was becoming neurotic, feeling guilty as if it was his fault. Iason felt he failed again, as he failed with his mother, Anastasia, Miss Martin, and now with Miss Garcia.
          A sudden horror arose within him; he didn't want to lose Maeve; he'll go mad. Rashidi placed a comforting hand on his shoulder as if he knew what he was thinking.
"You cannot save them all. Death comes to us all. Even us, who are immortal." Rashidi stated peacefully.
         "I could, Ra; I could've saved my mother, Miss Martin, Anastasia, now Miss..." He said, interrupting himself frustratingly.
"By making them vampires, isn't saving Ian? Not all of them want to have a dreadful immortal life." He whispered. "I know that you're a good man. I know you care and want to help, but making more vampires is not helping." He explained to Iason, reassuring him that it was not his fault and that he shouldn't be so hard on himself. Iason's eyes darkened; he knew what the actual problem was.
         "Or maybe we should simply eliminate those who harm these innocent people," Iason said with a dark tone. Rashidi stared at him, worried; what he was implying wasn't the best solution, yet it could help humankind.
"You are one of us too..." Rashidi replied quietly. However, Iason gave him an unbothered look. Iason didn't care if he died as long as innocent people didn't die because of his kind, the vampiric kind.
         Both of the female professors were done talking on the phone. Mei was troubled, Kamama had a sorrowful face, and Antonio had been quiet far too long. Sven was also silent and distant. Finally, Cava called Acalan to come over if he could help them.
"I need facts. What exactly happened." Iason stated sharply. Mei looked already exhausted, mentally and physically.
          "I found the body; it was behind the garbage. She was only dressed in underwear." Mei expressed with a low tone in her voice. The other ones inhaled, although not Iason and Antonio. "And she didn't have blood in her system. She was drained." Mei continued describing the horrid case.
         All Iason was thinking about was Mr. Khan, who was late and hadn't come yet to the meeting.
"She didn't have bite marks. So that means the person covered them before dropping the body." Mei stated, perplexed, staring at the window outside the landscape.
It was starting to snow; tiny white fluffs were landing slowly on the ground, creating a beautiful white cover.
          "What blood type was Miss Garcia?" Iason asked, staring at Rashidi, who was questioning his judgments. Then he gazed around the room and understood what Iason was referring to.
"She was AB positive," Mei answered, still not facing them, staring at the snow falling down the ground. Iason was about to open his mouth and speak when Armeen entered the room, uninterested.
         "Have you called the parents?" Armeen asked Kamama; she nodded in response. He then turned towards Mei, who was not facing him.
"Antonio, you seem distressed; what is it?" He asked, gazing down at him. Antonio was sitting on a chair, taking heavy breaths. Everyone turned their faces at him, but not Iason; he had his eyes glued on Armeen, who was smirking.
          "I swear it wasn't me! I had sex with her and drank a little, but I didn't drain her! I promise!" Antonio expressed desperately, and Mei shifted around to face him. Sven, wide-eyed, stared at him, disappointed. Armeen shook his head, gazing then at Sven as if it was his fault.
"Antonio... Not again...!" Sven stammered, hiding his face in his palms. Mei scoffed loud enough to get everyone's attention.
          "Are you out of your mind, boy?" Mei sneered at him, and Antonio started to swear in Italian, not at her but out of frustration.
"Sven, I think it's time to do something about his behavior. Enough covering up and not punishing him." Armeen said sternly. Suddenly, the door opened, and Acalan stepped in with a neutral look. Sven took a deep breath and faced Antonio.
         "What tends to be the problem, Antonio? How can I help you?" Sven asked patiently, yet Iason's patience was over the roof.
"The problem is that he needs a mother figure, you idiot! He needs someone stable; that's a good mentor. You're not; Mei is. End of discussion!" Iason yelled at Sven, then gazed at a shocked Mei and lastly at Antonio, who leaned his head down sorrowfully.
Mei knew that Iason was right. The words shattered her, and everyone else knew it was the truth. Sven looked downward at his hands.
         "Antonio, narrate me through everything. Details, please." Iason said strictly. His inner professor came through him, wanting a precisely complete description.
"It all started with Bambina. One day she kisses me; the other day, she spits on my face. I mean, how can a girl play me!? I'm the player!" Antonio spoke rapidly and with hand movements. "Then she goes and dances with you at the party. Later on, you probably tapped that. At least that's what all the students are saying." Antonio continued, and Iason glared at him.
         "Jason? You'd had slept with the victim?" Mei's voice got higher than Mariah Carey's. Armeen stared at him, and so did everyone else. Iason shook his head with a grumpy face.
"He did leave the party pretty early. Everyone else was at the professor's office that night, and he was the one who left." Armeen stated, trying to point fingers at him. Iason was about to fight back.
          "No, he was with me. I was at his house." Rashidi replied, trying to help out his buddy.
"Really? Then why did he have mahogany red smudged lipstick all over his face the other morning?" Cava asked ironically, crossing her arms and raising one eyebrow.
          Everyone puffed, but not Antonio; he was thoughtful. Rashidi glanced hesitantly at Iason, he was about to lie, and Iason knew it from the expression on his face.
"We were playing a game... Called... Who's putting better lipstick on their lips... Blindfolded!" Rashidi spoke carefully and unsure. Everyone stared blankly at him, knowing it was a lie. Iason covered his face with his hands, embarrassed by his friend's statement.
         "Well, I swear I was with him. You can check the cameras." Rashidi said, and Iason quickly took his hands away from his face staring wide-eyed at him.
"No!" Iason shouted, without thinking clearly, that he might seem like a suspect.
"Jason, I'm so disappointed in you," Mei said with a low, spiteful voice. Kamama was quiet but pretty deep into her thoughts.
         "But, Miss Garcia was dressed as a Zorro. She didn't have lipstick on." Kamama stated after a long while of reflection. Iason sighed, realizing that Armeen had him exactly where he wanted.
"I want to see those recordings first," Armeen said sternly, staring down at Iason.
"Bambina had red lipstick on," Antonio stated after a long silence, glaring at Iason.
         "Who's Bambina?! Isn't it Miss Garcia we are talking about?" Mei asked impatiently.
"Don't worry, Mei. I want your recordings tonight in my office, Jason." Armeen stated almost too casually than he should. Iason glanced at Antonio, hoping he wouldn't say anything about Maeve, yet he wanted to know what happened with Miss Garcia.
         "I will say this one last time, Antonio. What exactly happened after the Halloween party?" Iason asked, looking deep into Antonio's eyes.
"I was mad at Bambina; she spat on my face. I was frustrated, and she was the only girl that ever rejected me this hard. So, I wanted to take my anger off. So, I flirted with Rosa, took her upstairs, and drank a couple of drinks. She was tipsy, we had sex, and she slept over." He took a quick breath.
        "We were staying in my dorm room all Saturday. Then Sunday, I was mad because Bambina came and knocked on my door. She was asking all sorts of weird questions. I needed to talk to my father about that matter. So, when Bambina left, I went to look out for my father, who was busy with work. When I came back, Rosa was gone without her clothes and phone. That's what happened, Mr. Jason." Antonio explained carefully, and Iason smirked triumphantly.
         "That doesn't mean I don't have the right to get those recordings. You are being accused of having sexual intercourse with this... Bambina. Both of you should be expelled." Armeen said strictly; Iason looked at Antonio. He seemed disturbed by the fact that Maeve could be dismissed.
"I know who this girl is," Acalan said after being reserved. Then, Antonio and Iason's eyes shattered into pieces. He noticed it, then stared straight at Armeen.
         "It's Mrs. Walker." He said, staring without blinking at the principal. Armeen furrowed his brows; Antonio and Iason stared at each other confusingly. Cava, Kamama, and Rashidi showed disgust. Sven and Mei glanced at each other, troubled.
"Yeah, Mrs. Walker is a Milf." Antonio stated, not very convincing. Iason winced; as much as he adored that cute lady, she was not a milf or sexual partner.
         "The school's chef? Who are fifty-one years old? That is not a girl. It's a grown-up!" Armeen mocked, and Acalan shrugged.
"For me, she's still a girl. Such a great lover..." Iason lied, fighting back the laughs. Antonio nodded excitingly, and Armeen puffed. He thereupon left the room frustrated.