Page 3

Waking up under my heavy quilt I turned my head, becoming spooked at another one of the taxidermy statues. This one a weirdly perfect hare that freaked me out for more than a few seconds as I looked over its features focusing on the bright eyes and wet looking nose. Scooting out of bed I slipped on a quick outfit before walking downstairs, "Morning Pop's got any plans?" I guess I startled him slightly because he threw his hand to his chest and jumped slightly, "Not much, unless you give me a heart attack young lady." He looked at me and smiled, "might drop by Miss. Johnson's for a quick hello though."

I turned my head toward him with raised eyebrows as I passed him on my way to the fridge, "Oh Pop's, seeing Miss. Johnson before your date too. Alright, alright, hope you have fun." I watched him wave at me before he giddily danced out the front door leaving me to laugh as I opened the fridge. I had myself a quick breakfast with some almond milk before going back to bed to sleep the rest of the day away.

Waking up for the second time today I put my shoes on and had Pop's drive me to the pier so I could sell some of my woodwork pieces to a shop that had just recently opened back up for the summer tourism. I spent the rest of the sunlight doing some surfing before finally taking a break around nine o'clock. It had become pretty dark out as I walked back up to the pier, my feet padding against the sand before they were padding up the stairs reaching for the top. I took a quick glance around only to notice some bikes and a woman with a kid, throwing my eyes a little farther to the right. I saw my friend Sapphire waving at me, jogging over, I gave her a quick hug before she dragged me by the wrist into the concert area where I could hear Billy Idol's White Wedding playing. Taking a look I saw a cover band performing before I was dragged all the way to the back at the highest point by the taller woman who had me in her grasp, "look there's a spot in the corner over there."

My wrist felt like it was going to be pulled apart as she led me to the spot. I barely noticed the four bikers sitting up on a railing slightly behind us because of the jerking around. Rebel Yell started playing and I was in euphoria, totally in my zone. Sapphire having had pulled me in front of her when we got to our spot, leaving me flush against her, hugging me, "If only it was the real Billy Idol..." My voice was light leaving my lips as I started to move my hips against her playfully while hitting the notes as we swayed side to side together, "she cried more more more."

"Are you sure you don't have the hots for Billy Idol?"

"Oh come on it's Billy fucking Idol who wouldn't." I could feel her giggling as her hands slid down to hold onto my hips, still swaying with me. After a while that same prickle creeped up my side like I was being watched. The feeling made me turn my head to her, her eyes were closed as she sang along with a smile until I turned my entire body to her, coming face to face with her. "We should get some slushies after this, maybe funnel cake?" I nodded at her, closing my eyes with my arms snaked around her neck as we danced in sync, "sounds like a perfect plan."

Opening my eyes I looked back at her noticing the boys behind her were watching us, it felt like something snapped when I looked at one of them, his blue eyes caught me almost instantly but before could I look at anyone else Sapphire had pulled me with her as she started walking away, "Ready to go." The last thing I saw before being dragged away once again was the young blonde hop off the rail he was sitting on his eyes set on me.

The boardwalk was crowded tonight and for some reason I was heavily uncomfortable at the moment, we had barely gotten funnel cake and slushies when Saphire had gotten sick and left. Sighing I noticed a little boy next to me staring at the food I was holding, I waved him over handing him the funnel cake and watching as his face turned into one of awe as he thanked me running off towards the bikes I saw earlier. I turned around fully intently looking at the books in the stall behind me but I came face to face with the one and only Tony the surf nazi who followed me around whenever he got the chance to. "Hey baby you miss me?"

Scoffing, I thought about turning around before a morbid idea came to mind, "Of course Tony." I could tell he was surprised at my words and he even froze when I stood on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his neck, I once again felt like I was being watched but it felt more murderous than friendly or curious, "can I tell you a secret Tony," I heard him gulp as I reached up a little farther to kiss him, less than a second later and he was shoving his tongue in my mouth, there was the sound of footsteps and chains mixed with leather coming towards me and I could hear the other surf nazis whooping behind him.

Before much else could happen I opened my eyes and bit down, he froze, eyes popping open crazily as he ripped himself away, I looked at him and I could already tell everyone was confused at what happened to the guy as he was screaming face down into the wooden boards we stood on, "what did you do to him you crazy bitch!?" I looked up smiling as blood pooled out the corner of my mouth, I spit a chunk of muscle and blood onto the floor, everyone was frozen as I heard a 'holy shit' come from my left, spitting some more of his blood out I took a sip of my slushie closing my eyes, "you really should learn when a girls not interested Tony, I did warn you." Licking my lips I looked at his three crew members who were frozen in place, "remind me to bring my switchblade next time boys."

Feeling eyes on the side of my face I looked over seeing the same blonde with three others I didn't bother looking into the others eyes I was staring straight into his while his bore back into mine, taking a sip of my slushie I looked back at Tony's fallen form as he cried, giving him a soft smile as I licked the blood off my top lip and spit it out, "bye Tony." Taking another look at the blonde who I realized had curly hair I sucked the rest of Tony's blood off my bottom lip before turning around hearing some rushed commotion behind me as I strutted away.

I passed the kid and the girl next to the bikes as the kid yelled a thank you to me throwing a wave at me which I returned with a smile and a wiggle of my fingers, the girl was looking at me with disgust. Ignoring her I walked off slurping my slushie while simultaneously hearing the sound of leather and chains once again.