Page 37

Hopping up the stairs with the boys around me I looked to Paul, "please, for the love of being dead, take the ponytail down, please..." I dragged out the 'please' with a whine, "fine, fine." I smiled proudly, "mission accomplished, it looked awful," he snorted, "did it now?" I gave him a nod as we made it to the top of the stairs, "it's way too freaky seeing all of you so evolved, where's all the fishnet gone..." I feigned exasperated depression while running my hand over Paul's front.

I stopped shooting away, suddenly seeing the old video tape shop had me curious as to why it now said, 'Spoken Vape', "what happened to Max's shop?" Marko turned his head around to look behind us as he spoke, "moved shop up to a mega mall around 94'," I furrowed my brows and the corner of my mouth lifted up, "so they replaced it with a stupid smoke shop?" My eyes looked to Paul, "not just any smoke shop sweetheart," I gulped when he pulled his face close to my ear whispering against my skin, "a vape smoke shop." I scoffed humor in my voice, "don't tell me you guys have turned to that crap."

"Say's the girl who bit a guy's tongue off in 87'," I rolled my eyes, "shut up Pauly boy, last time I checked that dick-wad deserved it." I shoved his chest and my eyes caught onto the sight of something else behind him off to the side of the new vape shop, "you're kidding... They still have them," I walked forward past Paul and turned my head towards them, "anyone up for some chili fries?"

They smiled, Marko biting his thumb while Paul shook his head each of the vampire boys following after my giddy skipping, a sketchy looking fourth one sulking behind the group but nonetheless following at a larger distance like an injured puppy trying to stay out of the range of their angry owner or a larger animal they deemed 'dangerous', the sight of him made the guilt pop back up just a slight bit. Right until the scent of chili cheese fries hit my nose.