Page 60

"I'm gonna shove him down the stairs."

"You can't be serious."

"I am Sam, if Paul doesn't fucking talk to me like an adult I will end his existence."

"No you won't."

"No... But I will push him down the stairs on the boardwalk if he doesn't fix that attitude he had."

"Okay, well you do that, and I, will tell Michael you said hi."

"Okay, bye, love you, oh tell him I'll see him when he comes down."

"Will do, bye, love you."

I dropped the phone into its holder when he hung up and sighed looking around ready to leave. Now it was just dark enough for us to leave our 'dwellings' safely, "yo, mom," I looked up at Laddie as he strode in, "what's up sweetie?" He looked nervous and sheepish, "I did something." he shut the door behind him and walked over to me reaching into his pocket, "what do you think?" I was stunned, his hand revealed a satin cushioned glass covered ring, "Laddie, you didn't," He looked embarrassed and I smiled, grabbing his face and giving his cheek a kiss before hugging him, "oh my baby..."

"Do you think she'll like it?" I nodded, "yeah sweety I think she'll adore it, just like she adores you." He nodded, hugging me tightly, "love you mom," I smiled teary eyed, "I love you too Laddie," He nodded, putting the box in his pocket as he stepped back smiling, "wish me luck?" I laughed, "you won't need it," I smiled and he got excited shaking his hands before giving my temple a kiss and a tight hug, "thank you..." I gave his back a pat as I smiled warmly, "always sweety." I watched him walk towards the door before looking back at me to see me smiling and leave.