Page 61

I'm sticking to 3 - 4 pages posted a day, I honestly don't know when I will finish this book, hopefully before we make it to the maximum number of pages lol...

...

On the boardwalk I looked around feeling like I was light enough to float around on clouds, I could but obviously I wouldn't, that would be ridiculous... I smiled at the idea. The smile turned outward as I came upon the funnel cake stand next to the carousel. "They replaced it back in 01'," I turned, smiling awkwardly, "I'm sorry?" He motioned towards the carousel, and I looked back at it, "oh, yeah, I see that now..." It was a sad thought, "must have been right after I left..."

I turned back looking at him, before I could speak he apologized, "I'm sorry about last night," I shook my hand and my head, waving it off, "don't worry about it, I'm fine, it's not my business anyway." I smiled at him, he looked confused as I finished speaking, "if you're happy Alan it doesn't matter, we're okay." He shook his head licking his lips and my eyesight caught the glint of his dog tags, "I'm not in a relationship with anyone Rune," I nodded sarcastically, "she seems to think you are," I shrugged and gave him a look just to hear him groan and grab the back of my neck pulling my face towards his and kissing me.

"Do you believe me now?" I licked my lips and swallowed, "not fully." He smiled and flicked my noise, "ow, Alan?!" I whined as he pulled me over a few feet to the funnel cake stand, "two plates please," I smiled to myself as my face reddened, "Extra powder sugar," looking up at Alan I fidgeted with anticipation until the man who worked the stand finished frying the batter. Alan wrapped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, "oh shit," I turned my head looking around, "what?" Turning back I talked quickly, "I need to talk to Dwayne, Laddie bought Marcie a ring." He looked at me as he paused, "he's proposing?" I nodded happily, "yeah," it was admittedly awkward, "did you want to go find him instead?" Shaking my head the funnel cake was passed to us, "no, no, I can talk to him later, I just, don't know what to do with myself you know," he nodded slowly as we walked away from the stand, Alan basically leading us right to the carousel that was stopped.

"Not really but I mean it's a pretty big deal, your son's getting married," I nodded excited again, "I know, well engaged, I hope, he really loves her..." Alan smiled at me as he helped me onto the ride before we sat down together, "do you like her?" I made an exaggerated motion as I smiled, "on my stars, yes, it's like I finally got to have a daughter, she's way too sweet." I heard his laughter and I looked at him, he looked like he hadn't aged since we were still seventeen, which in part was true. "You know Alan, I really did miss you," our eyes caught each other, "did?" Scoffing playfully I nudged him, "still do." We ate in silence as the ride started, only a few others had joined around us, "good, I'd have to kidnap you if you didn't... and I could, no one would even think of it."

I paused, turning to him absolutely shocked, more concerned than anything at the comment, wide eyes and a mouth full of powdered sugar and funnel cake I stared at him.