Page 74

"You okay?" I blinked not taking my eyes off of the sight, "to be honest Shane, I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't this." I motioned with my hand towards the group of teenage vampires playing uno in the sand, Alan had just thrown a green four on the pile in the middle only for Marko to throw in a color changing card, "which part?" I looked at him blankly, "any of it," I waved my hands exaggeratedly at the scene only stopping at the sight of Dwayne popping up by my side, Shane moving towards the group to sit next to David, "Laddie's here," he handed me my drink and I looked over, straight past him was Marcie and Laddie. I set the drink in the sand and stood from the log, I moved to walk towards them passing Dwayne.

The walk was short but we were far enough from the boys that they couldn't hear us. I stood there smiling at both of them and awkwardly waited until Marcie held her hand out towards me, her palm facing the ground. The shiny dainty ring sat perfectly in its place on her hand, "you said yes?" I wasn't so much surprised as I was excited but she nodded quickly with a bright smile as she started jumping in happiness, I laughed pulling her into a hug, "oh my babies..."

It seemed like a less exciting moment but it felt huge, and when she pulled away from her sudden hug they looked at each other smiling, "what?" They looked like they were telepathically speaking but when they looked at me I became confused. Laddie smiled brightly and Marcie's was stuck on her face, brightly excited. "We're leaving tonight, while we still have time... we wanted to fly towards Washington and stay for a few nights." I smiled slightly.

"We've been thinking and we want you to come with us." I furrowed my brows confused before smiling at the both of them, "come with us mom, see the world." Tears blurred my sight for a slight second and I looked down before meeting Laddie's eyes then Marcie's, my hands coming up to hold both of their cheeks.

"I love you two so much you know that?" Laddie's smile fell and Marcie looked at him confused, "but you can't come with us, can you?" I smiled, dropping my hands. "I'm sorry baby, but," I looked back to see Dwayne watching us, Paul and Marko were talking and David was laughing with his brother, even Alan was there, finally getting along with Marko and Paul. "It's okay," I turned back to my son looking at him struggling to smile, his face brightening as he realized my feelings, "I guess we'll see you when we visit then?" I smiled, nodding softly to them as Marcie spoke up softly, "you're staying?" I looked at her biting my lip, "guess I missed home more than I thought." She smiled and stepped closer giving me a hug, I kissed her cheek kind of rocking us side to side in a motherly hug until Laddie joined in, "love you guys so much..." I heard a teary laugh from Marcie as they stepped back saying their sentiments before they grasped each other's hands and turned around to walk off.

I stood there for a few seconds before turning around and walking towards my boys, not seeing that Laddie and Marcie had turned around watching me walk away. I walked up with a smile, my shoes sinking into the old feeling of being home while I moved. Dwayne was smiling and his hand was outstretched, I reached my hand out letting my palm fall into his as I stopped at his side his lips coming down to kiss my forehead as I looked up at him, he pulled back and over my head as I looked at the others, Dwayne nodded towards Laddie and Marcie. They looked at each other with smiles before finally walking away as Dwayne looked down at me. "Welcome home, sweetheart."

"I shouldn't have left..." I looked up into his eyes and he rested his forehead against mine.

"Bingo!"

"That's a different game dumb-ass, what did you do?! There's cards everywhere!"

The End

(Bloody Story 1987 is going to be my second book of The Lost Boys movie not related to this book, I don't really know how I would inform anyone when it's being put out for everyone to read so I would say personally the easiest way is to follow my account if you have an account or you can just look for it, I might even just update on this book to let everyone know when I have officially started publishing it.)