Page 12

He froze up against me, "What? What'd she say?" He looked over shrugging at Edgar, "Her head's bleeding, get a rag or something, make sure it's wet." Edgar nodded running back in the other room to grab something, "Sorry about the blood Alan, it's not as bad as he was when I got pulled off though." I laughed out the last part as he rubbed my back, whispering against my hair, "It's okay Rune, so what happened, can you tell me?" He asked just as Edgar walked up to us, "Surf nazi..."

Alan shushed me as he slid away so he could patch my leg up, "He hit me and when I fell down I couldn't stop myself, then someone pulled me off of him." They looked at me as I let out a moan of pain wincing at the rag against my knuckles, "can you move your hand?" I shook my head, not even able to close my hand, "Mmph everything is blurry, guess it's a good thing I walked here huh." Before they could say anything the phone rang, Edgar went to answer it, "do you hate me?"

Alan stood back up stepping between my legs again kissing my forehead, "No baby, I could never." I leaned against him as Edgar finished on the phone, "It was Sam, he wants to talk to us tomorrow, I told him we'd drop her off soon and what happened, we close shop soon anyway."

I was starting to regret not going straight home for some reason, it just felt awkward now like I messed up. "No it's fine I'm just gonna walk home," Edgar started doing a few things and walked into the backroom while I tried to slide off the counter, "Nope, you're not walking I won't let you, I'll give you a ride." I guess the adrenaline wore off all the way because when he forced me to stay on the counter holding my hips in place I started to yawn slightly, "Alan it's okay I can walk no need to go out of your way for me it's not that important." I whispered the last part as he grabbed my face, making me open my eyes to look at him fully, "Don't say that to me, you and Edgar are my most important people." I played with his shirt blinking to clear my vision, "It's different though." He chuckled, throwing his head to the side with a smile as I watched his jawline and his neck move, "Yea you're, you, and he's just Edgar."

I wasn't doing too well but I was definitely awake on the ride home. Alan watched me walk inside with Sam as I swatted Sam's hands away while he talked to himself, "I love you." All I heard was the sound of their bikes spitting up dirt as they sped away to go home. Lucy, my mom, had checked out my wounds when she came downstairs to see why there were bikes outside, she freaked out of course more than she should have been allowed to do, Sam having told her what happened, all of it. I wasn't left alone at all. Sam had slept in my room with me out of pure fear and concern, over me? I don't really know, the young boy rattles as of late.

We went down to eat breakfast when I saw Michael walk in, he seemed angry and hung over so when I walked into the kitchen as Sam said good morning I expected him to go to bed instead of following me yanking my shoulder to turn me around, "What is wrong with you Rune? You're totally fucked!" I was stunned, "what the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't pull that stunt with me, Star saw you. If it wasn't for her pulling you away you could have killed that guy" I became pissed quickly as he smacked my face harshly his fingers digging on accident in what was supposed to just be him grabbing my face harshly, my head slammed against the floorboards and my arm got cut on a knife that sat on the counter when I fell from how hard he hit me, gripping my arm as he walked closer Sam came forward pushing him away as our mom came running in as well, "Star wasn't even there."

I was in pure disbelief, "ask David or one of the other boys you call friends, they pulled me off, and it wasn't some random person either Michael it was a surf nazi who just so happened to attack me!" I was angry and in pain as Lucy grabbed a towel holding my arm with pressure as Sam pushed him farther out of the kitchen while I yelled. "Fuck you Michael!" Mom was crying as my vision went blurry, laying down as my breathing started becoming raggedy, "remind me to just lay down and take it next time Asshole since it's so wrong to fucking defend myself," his face was appalled as Sam pushed him all the way out of the kitchen, the doors closing in front of him. Mom was fussing as I finally passed out and Sam was freaking out. The last thing I saw was Pop's bringing a few medical supplies in from his work room.

"She's awake!" Geez I had barely opened my eyes and Sam was screaming in my ear. "How long was I out?" Mom rushed into my room with a cup of water in her hand after a few minutes of no answer, "over ten hours." I groaned, I was annoyed.

I wanted to go see my comic boys, "okay, can everyone leave, I need to change." I could tell she wanted to object and tell me to sleep or lay down and rest but I didn't want to be in the same vicinity as my older brother let alone a room over. Everyone left me alone after a hug that wasn't even considered a hug with how they did it, like I was a literal china doll, basically touching the air surrounding me instead of my skin. I had bandages on my arm and leg so I opted for a black turtleneck that exposed my stomach up to the bottom of my breast, the only thing that let me breathe properly. High waisted stretchy dark green pants that flared slightly at the bottom without touching the ground, "yea a totally bodacious bod." I scoffed at myself as I twirled side to side in the mirror checking out how the pants looked from all angles, they were pretty form fitted, I shoved some socks on before almost literally hopping into my only dark green shoes. "No visible wounds."

I put my hair up into a bun with a scrunchy making sure it wasn't too tight. "Honey, maybe you should stay home for a few days, lay in bed?" I shook my head politely giving her a hug as I thanked her and Pop's for helping me this morning, "take the car then and take Sammy too." I nodded at her as he rushed to get changed finally, I looked over to see a giant package, I knew it was my guitar so I smiled a little before Sammy tapped my hand signaling he was ready.