XLVII. Exposed Secret

The Quidditch match remained close until the last possible second. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were tied at 200 when the two Seekers streaked through the air in pursuit of the Snitch. The Hufflepuff Seeker made an amazing play, and catching the Snitch while clinging to her broomstick with her knees, practically hanging upside down. The Hufflepuff supporters went insane, screaming for their team. James and Olivia turned to look at one another with open mouths.

“Can Keith do that?” James asked weakly.

“No,” Olivia replied. She looked as though she was in shock.

“We’re dead,” James gulped.

“This is bad,” Olivia muttered. “Very bad.”

“Yeah,” James agreed.

A look of determination crossed Olivia’s face. “No,” she said firmly. “No, we’re not going to let this ruin our chances.”

“What do you mean?” James asked.

“We’re going to train as we’ve never trained before.” The determined look deepened. “We’re going to win, James. We’re going to do everything we can to win this.”

James looked at her in surprised. “Okay, Derek, how did you inhabit Olivia’s body? Are you using Polyjuice Potion?”

Olivia grinned. “I think I finally understand Derek.”

Lily looped her arm through James’. “You two truly are obsessed. You know that, don’t you?”

James grinned. “If we weren’t, what would you and Sirius use to make fun of us?”

“Oh, we’d find something,” Sirius laughed. He reached down to take Olivia’s hand. “What happened to Peter and Kathleen?”

“We’re over here,” Peter said. He and Kathleen were a few paces behind them. “We’re going to go for a walk. We’ll catch up with you later.”

“All right,” James agreed.

“That’s what Moony said,” Sirius commented. “He and Laura were supposed to catch up with us – but I haven’t seen them yet.”

“I wonder where they disappeared to,” James mused.

“Probably to the Astronomy Tower to spend some ‘quality time’ together,” Sirius said with a wicked grin. “Are you sure you want to know where they are or what they’re doing right now?”

“I’m pretty sure we don’t want to know,” Olivia laughed.

“True,” Sirius replied. “Well, what shall we do now?”

“We need to get some work done,” Lily said, making a face.

“You’re kidding,” Sirius said in disbelief. “You’re going to waste a perfectly beautiful Saturday working?”

“Yeah, we have to,” James replied. “We have a meeting with Dumbledore and Heads of the Houses on Monday, and a meeting with the prefects’ on Tuesday.”

“Can’t you work on that tomorrow?” Olivia asked.

“We’re devoting tomorrow to homework,” Lily said.

“You two are disgusting,” Olivia grinned. “Then again, Lily’s always been like this. But, James, I’m shocked by your behavior!”

“Hey, I have responsibilities now,” James laughed. “The Head Boy can’t spend ALL his time goofing off!”

“Well, we’re going to wander around for awhile,” Sirius said. “We’ll meet you in the common room for dinner, all right?”

“Sure,” James replied. “We’ll see you then.”