Chapter 2: Someone is pissed Off

Aether on his way back to Wangshu Inn encountered many people asking for his help. Some asked for help in cleaning a nearby monster campsite, other asked him to help pick flowers but never once realized that someone was watching him step by step, becoming more and more nervous and pissed off. 

When he finally got to his room in the Wanghsu Inn, he met a pair of eyes that would watch him in the dark. Aether sighed with obvious pain. He sat down on the bed then looked at Xiao and smiled slighty. 

- You know you shouldn't risk yourself like that? - He growled, clenching his nails on his shoulders - Or you should call my name! I can take care of the monsters and you can finally rest! 

-  Somone is pissed off - He laughed and then groaned feeling the pain in his chest. He gasped and then suddenly looked at Xiao, who was above him. He studies his golden eyes then swallowed hard. 

- Aether im fucking serious. - He said pressing the boy's hand under him to the bed. Aether looked at his hands and out of corner of his eye noticed a tiny inscription similiar to his on Xiao's hand. He looked back at his face and muttered something under his breath. 

- Im Sorry - he said. 

Xiao sighed and then close his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, he looked again at the boy under him and then moved away from him returning to the wall. He folded his hands and looked at the window without a word. Aether sat up at the same time and rubbed his hands together. 

- Why do you care so much about it Xiao? - he asked. 

Xiao just looked at him but didin't say a word. After a moment he moved away from the wall, walked to the door and left, leaving Aether unanswered and and confused. 

- What bit him? - He muttered looking at the door, through which Xiao just left. 

------

Xiao looked at the window of Aether's room then growled. He looked away and then looked at his hand, on which appeard not long ago "Sorry about Paimon!". He titled his head back and looked at the stars. Why did he like such a reckless boy who does not even pay attention to his healt? Why does he always put someone's life and needs first? Why can he never notice that he is worried about him because he treats him as more important than just a friend? He glance at the Aether window again, then straightened his hair, givin it back. 

- You're so fucking blind Aether.