Chapter 16: He. Is. Mine.

Night was falling as Lumine, Aether and the whole group reached Liyue, and more specifically the Wangshu Inn. The boy stood beside his sister all the time, looking at the ground. On the way, he cried a lot for his friend, but he couldn't stand up because he might end up just like the blue-haired one. Still, his head was occupied by a thought. What's with him? Did they find him? They helped him? Even though the Mondstadt was destroyed, the blonde felt that it was all his fault only. Not his sisters, his. 

He looked up at the clatter of boots on the floor. Knowing who was going in front of them, he stood frozen looking at the familiar faces, feeling tears in his eyes again.

- Come on, who do we have here. - The girl muttered pleased. Zhongli folded his arms, weapon in hand, while Childe stood beside him, prepared to fight for his boyfriend and the rest of the men who stood armed behind them. Aether, however, focused on Xiao, who was also looking at him, but his expression was impossible to guess. He was mad? Sad? Furious to the limit? Or perhaps surprised? 

- Xiao .. - he whispered, stretching his hand slightly forward, hiding it and holding it in pain, glancing at Lumine, who struck her brother with a sword without concern. He looked at the blood on his other hand, feeling he couldn't hold back the tears any longer. Xiao growled loudly and gasped something under his breath for a moment putting on the mask on his face.

- I wouldn't expect the former God to come to defend his city unlike the Archon Anemo - she laughed mockingly. - And you? You're not from Fatui sometimes? - she murmured pointing her sword at Childe, which had stretched the arrow more. 

- Why are you interested in this? - He growled before hearing an unknown woman and a man looking like a fox appear behind Lumine.

- Oh, how sweet - she looked behind her out of the corner of her eye. -Have you called more fish and kennels from Inazuma? 

- Not only that - she heard a female voice holding a weapon similar to the former Geo Archon. She was about his height dressed all in purple, and her long braid blew slightly in the breeze.

Xiao, who was staring at Aether all the time, disappeared after a while to embrace the blonde and reappear next to Zhongli, who immediately blocked the way to them with a weapon. The blonde chuckled, embracing the adeptus, who embraced him tighter, glancing at his sister, who only muttered something dissatisfied under her breath.

- It wasn't fair - she murmured, playing with the blade of the sword.

- He. Is. Mine. - he growled loudly clenching his jaw. 

- And that kind of moves should be destroyed .. - She laughed after a moment, ordering her "army" to attack from both sides.

- Xiao, get Aether from here as far as possible! - Childe shouted, shooting at the army that was moving towards them.

- Everyone to attack! - Gorou shouted, moving right after Miss Kokomi and Raiden Shogun, who was next to the other Archon in a moment.  

***

- Xiao, Xiao, Xiao - Aether kept saying his name as if in a trance. Xiao brought him closer to him by hiding his face in his neck. 

- You are finally with me. Only mine - he whispered - I promise that I will never take my eyes off you - raised his head up and then kissed his lips insistently. Aether gasped and then returned the kiss, which began to gain momentum with each passing moment. They broke away from each other after a while to embrace again. 

- Sorry, Im so sorry -  he muttered softly, clenching his hands into fists on the Adeptus blouse. 

Xiao kissed his head while adjusting his clothes. 

- Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault. - He muttered a little tighter embracing him.

- Not true, because of me Kaeya .. He could have died because of me .. -  He moaned pathetically wiping his tears.

Xiao kissed them after a while, leaning his forehead against his. 

- Everything will be back to normal, I promise you. You'll meet him soon - he whispered reassuringly. - Everything will be back to normal.. - he repeated.