Chapter 8: Losing hope day by day

- Xiao ...

Yaksha, distracted from the feverish search, looked at the worried Childe, who was looking at him, already holding a slightly worn bow in his hand. He sighed feeling tired and frustrated running through his veins. He straightened his red hair and waved his hand back, tucking the bow back looking at Yaksha.

- It's for nothing. We have been looking for him for a good 5 months Xiao. Everyone at Liyue and Mondstadt is losing hope of ever meeting him again. - He said.

Xiao, who was still standing in the same place, cocked his head. His expression suddenly changed from desperate to pissed. He walked over to him and held him to the tree.

- You have no right to say that. I know we'll find him. We have to find him!

- But understand that it's for nothing! We've searched all Liyue and all of Mondstadt! You yourself heard this Venti and Master Jean saying that they couldn't even find him in the darkest places!

- You're lying! - he yelled. - You're fucking liars! He is somewhere nearby and suddenly you don't feel like looking for him? Are you such friends for him? He's done so much for you all year long, but when it comes to doing one thing, do you give up so quickly? Motherfuckers! This is who you are! Nothing else, you are asking for help, but when the cat turns its tail, you suddenly turn as if it did not concern you at all! That's it! I've had enough! I'll look for it myself, even if I have to fly over Liyue and Mondstadt again!

- Xiao! - The redhead shouted as he saw the Adeptus putting his mask on his face and disappearing into the air. He cursed under his breath feeling bad about what Yaksha said. He rubbed his face with his hands and, pushing against the tree, looked to the right where ex-god Liyue was standing. He walked over to him and rested his forehead on his shoulder, sighing.

-He got mad .. - He muttered, cuddling up to him. Zhongli put his hand around him and after a while he started to draw various patterns on his back.

- Give him time. the man answered him. - You know how much he cares about Aether. The mere insight of how desperately looking for him tells us how much she loves him. He added kissing him on the head.

-I lose hope day by day that we won't find him. Zhongli sensei, I'm so fucking scared.

- We'll find him, Ajax. We'll find him - He sighed, repeating the words in a lower voice.

--------

Aether opened his weary eyes and looked around the black room. Willing to wipe his face, he felt his hands cling to the chair he was sitting on. He looked at the legs, which also had ropes. He swallowed hard and looked around the room frightened. No windows. One bed and only one pair of doors which probably led to an exit from the room. He opened his mouth to say something, but in contrast, he began to cough. He swallowed hard. He raised his head slightly higher, hearing the clatter of women's shoes, and a moment later the door opened, and the blond himself did not believe who he met on their doorstep.

- Lumine ...

----
OMG Thank you so much for 1k views! It means a lot guys <3