Chapter 17: This isn't over

The man grabbed his head while lying on something soft. Feeling the warmth next to him, he opened his eyes and then narrowed them when he saw the light blinding him. He blinked a few times and then looked to the side, noticing the first blond buns, bouncing back and forth. He immediately met Barbara, who was flying in both directions with a pile of papers, it was obvious to the naked eye that she was stressed out with something. 

He tried to sit up, but due to the pain in his chest, he hissed, thus drawing the girl's attention to his. 

- Sir Kaeya! - She approached him abruptly, forcing him to lie down again and put her hand to his forehead. - Oh Lord Barbatos, it's all right - she sighed, visibly pleased as she looked at his face.

- What happened? -  he asked, looking at her.

-I don't know - she answered truthfully - you were transferred to Liyue along with some of the other warriors who went to Mondstadt -  You were the only one to have the worst injuries that I treated .. - she counted something on the fingers and then muttered - I treated for a week or so.

- Week? - Muttered closing his eyes again. He yawned and rolled his head slightly. Suddenly, the warmth he felt from his right began to irritate him slightly.

- Master Diluc has been with you all this week. - she said. - He was obviously afraid of losing Sir Kaeya. - She added in a whisper looking at the storm of red, broken curls. 

Kaeya, hearing about it, opened his eyes and looked to the side. And it was Diluc that made him feel such a soothing and irritating warmth. He smiled slightly putting his hand on the man's hair and then glanced at Barbara. 

- Thank you, Barbara. - he muttered weakly. The woman smiled and then left, going to another tent to then get another wounded. What would they do without her? 

***

They walked holding hands. One held a sword in his hand, the other a polearm that glowed dangerously red in blood. They went looking for their loved ones who should be nearby. 

- Xiao? - Aether began. The Adeptus stopped, then looked at him with a raised eyebrow. - Can we stop for a while? - He asked.

The second boy nodded slightly, nodding his head and they both sat down on the ground, Yaksha to be more precise, because not allowing the other, without a word he dragged him onto his lap and immediately embraced him.

- X..Xiao! - he muttered blushing, at every second he smiled.

- Yes? - he asked.

- Stop ..- he whispered feeling the heat that began to fill his lower body.

- And if not? - Xiao tilted his head slightly as he studied Aether's face. Seeing the blushes on his face, he knew that the boy was all ashamed. He kissed one of his cheeks, feeling the other improve after a moment.

-W .. We have to go back looking for them ..- He whispered trying to suppress a soft moan. Xiao laughed lightly biting his earlobe.

- When all this is over you will not be so quiet anymore - he whispered and then stood up with the boy who was looking at him with a slight shock on his face.

- Xiao! 

***

- Zhongli? - The man approached the other giving him a hand. The elder took it right away, leaning on Ajax, who immediately placed one hand on his back and the other on the man's hip.

- Im okay -  he muttered, feeling the pain in his left arm. He looked around and noticed that most of their soldiers were alive but scratched, while the ashes of the Abbys monsters had disappeared one by one. There was no sign of Sister Aether, but he knew it wasn't over. Abbys are definitely more and they have really little time to prepare for the next attack.

Childe looked at the inhabitants of Inazuma, who sat on the ground, each asking each one how they were feeling. But the longest time kept his eyes on the woman who was heading in their direction.

- Zhongli - she began.

- Raiden - he looked at her still slightly leaning on his boyfriend. The woman nodded and began to tell something, but Ajax did not even pay attention to it. His only attention was caught by Aether and Xiao, who walked cautiously side by side. Before they could react to anything, the man shouted:

- Xiao, on the right!