Chapter 7: Missing golden hair

Xiao looked around the Wangshu Inn in nervousness. The Adeptus was due to meet Aether an hour ago, who had strangely missed the appointment. It was already late at night, they were supposed to watch the dark sky, but unexpectedly the blonde did not come. Xiao, without waiting any longer, finally ran to the boy's room, where he found only a frightened Paimon sitting on the bed, staring at the wall. He swallowed and then approached the flying creature, standing in front of it.

- Where is he? - growled older white-haired woman who looked at his face fiercely. - Where the fuck is he!?

- P .. Paimon doesn't know! Don't yell at Paimon! - She cried feeling tears in the corners of her eyes. - He left an hour ago! Paimon thought he was with Xiao, but when she saw Xiao running around the Wangshu Inn, she understood what was happening!

Xiao cursed under his breath and suddenly ran out of the Wangshu Inn. He ran towards Liyue, ignoring the interested gaze of other people who were watching him with curiosity on his face. The moment he noticed red hair standing against the darker ones, he ran to them and pinned Childe to the wall.

- Talk to you fucker where he is!

-W..What do y..you mean? - Childe grunted, feeling that he was running low on air and was starting to feel dizzy. Literally a second later, he was able to breathe again, and the person who was holding Yaksha's hands was his Zhongli, who looked worriedly at Xiao who began to shake involuntarily with fear. Childe looked at Xiao and then at Zhongli and cleared his throat.

- Xiao, what happened? - The ex-God asked, still holding Yaksha's hands.

- A..Aether. Fuck. Missing. We .. A meeting .. He .. I ..

- Aether? Childe looked worriedly at Xiao, who was studying Zhongli's face, who frowned. - What happened to him? Which "missing"?

- - Fuck! Lost! We were supposed to meet an hour ago but he didn't come! I've searched the entire Wangshu Inn but it's nowhere! Apparently he left an hour ago but missed the scheduled appointment! Zhongli please, help me find him!

Zhongli looked at Xiao's face, which expressed only a few emotions such as sadness, anger, fear. He sighed and released Yaksha's hands noting the tears in his eyes. He looked at Childe, then nodded his head in agreement. Aether was his friend and apparently the soul mate of his "protégé" years ago, so he had to help him. He smiled slightly then looked at Childe, who also nodded his head smiling broadly.

-So let's go find the princess of a certain Adeptus! 

------- 

Second day of searching for Aether. All for nothing. Xiao was so desperate to find his boyfriend that he didn't sleep at all for those two days. He was on watch all the time, his eyes searching for Aether, but both nights were the same. A few slimes walked around the Wangshu Inn, going further and ignoring the tourists, while the tourists drank various alcohols on the fall. He snorted as he watched another night that was in vain. Although many people already know that Aether is missing and are trying to find him, everyone loses hope. Is he really missing? Or is he really fed up with everyone around him, including Xiao, and is just pretending? Maybe he doesn't really want to know anyone? Was Xiao really that bad? No. It couldn't be true. He remembers the last words Aether said to him the day before he disappeared. "I love you to the moon and back." So why would he lie? Xiao snorted tired then looked down. He studied the tiles until something caught his attention. Or rather, a small thing that was next to his legs. He picked it up and noticed some of the fabric of Aether's garment. He squeezed it in his hand, feeling anger begin to dominate over him.

- I will find you Aether. It doesn't matter if it takes a year or two. You will come back to me and you will be mine. 

-------------- 
For the love of Zhongli, guys we're gonna hit 1k views in some time. 
I- Thank you all ♥