🏔 0 🏔

Jisoo's Side—12 years ago

"No, no, no!" The little princess shook her head hard, still clinging onto her 20 year old brother. Yes, their ages are very far apart from each other, but that doesn't mean they are.

"Oppa can't go!!" She cutely frowned.

"Jisoo-ya, oppa needs to go." Her brother carressed his beloved sister's hair.

Their youngest sibling, who was still three, didn't understand what's happening. But seeing her noona almost crying, he joined in, "ani.. hyung can't go!" Junkyu grabbed onto Chanyeol's feet that has already been covered with thick armor.

"Aigoo... Junkyu-ah, you too?" The eldest prince shook his head in disbelief, laughing at his two adorable siblings. "It'll be just for a while."

"Jisoo-ya, Junkyu-ah, honey, your brother needs to go." Queen Sandara smiled lovingly at her young children.

"B-but he can't!" Jisoo started crying.

"Yeah! H-he can't! If he goes....." Junkyu paused before whispering to Jisoo with his teary eyes, "noona, why can't he go?"

Chanyeol, Sandara, and Jiyong laughed hearing Junkyu's question, while Jisoo sobbed harder. Seeing Jisoo crying, Junkyu joined in.

"My Prince, we have to move quickly." One of the Flake Armies approached them, reminding.

"Of course." Chanyeol nodded.

"Are you sure you want to go alone, son? It's really dangerous." Jiyong looked at his son with worried written all over his face.

"It's my job to protect our Kingdom, appa." He smiled.

"But you might die!" Junkyu finally understood where Chanyeol was going.

"I might." Chanyeol nodded, bending down to their height, "but i might not." He then smiled, hugging the two.

"I'm gonna bring back a marvelous gift." He broke the hug, smiling brightly.

"What is it?" Junkyu wiped his tears.

"I'll bring back peace and harmony, how's that? We can live happily and be friends with the Frosts! Play outside the borders, no more roaring, no more blood, no more ice blasting, just laughter and peace. Would you like that?"

Jisoo and Junkyu's eyes started to shimmer as their parents sadly smiled, praying it'll all come true.

As much as Jisoo loves her brother and doesn't want him to take risks, she wanted her Kingdom to live peacefully with the Ice Frost Kingdom as she never knew how it felt like to play outside the Snowflake walls or borders, sleeping with no roaring of the bears and tigers, and not waking up to see more people in the grave. She hopes for peace and joy.

"Chanyeol-ah, we better go now before our defence are broken!" One of his closest friends, Chen, who happens to be an Army and Chanyeol's guard approached them.

"He's right, i should go." He stood back up, hugging his father and mother, and of course Jisoo, and lastly Junkyu.

"Take care of him, okay, Stormy-ah?" She hugged her brother's polar bear. Stormy snuggled closer to Jisoo as if comforting and assuring her.

Chanyeol approached her and gave her one more hug and a short kiss on the forehead before hopping onto Stormy and leaving with Chen. Before he left, he gave his sweetest smile and told them, "i'll be back bringing the gift, i promise."

But he didn't.

"The prince was killed by the Frosts!" Was the news they heard first thing in the morning. She hated that. And she hated them.

That was when all her hopes for peaceful days with her beloved brother vanished. Just like that.

Here she is now, the Ice Queen.

Taehyung's Side—12 years ago

"Appa!" Five year old Taehyung called out to his father, who immediately turned around with his charming smile.

"Yes, my prince?"

"Look what eomma, hyung, and I made!" He proudly showed the King a picture of their castle he draw with his mother and older brother.

"Wow!" King Taeyang exclaimed. "Is that us on the balcony?"

"Uhuh!" The younger prince grinned.

"And what's this?" His father pointed another beautiful castle drawn right beside theirs.

"It's the Snowflake's castle!"

"The what?" Taeyang furrowed his brows.

"You know, the castle in the Snowflake Kingdom, The Snowflake Castle!"

"Why did you draw this castle beside ours?" The King tried to control his anger.

The Queen put her hand on her husband's shoulder to calm him down, "they imagined how it will be like if both our kingdoms unite."

The King let out a heavy sigh. Before he could say another word, one of his Frost Armies barged in with very heavy breaths. His metal armor, sword, and shield covered in snow, "sorry for interrupting, Your Majesties, but we have an emergency." He bowed down.

"What is it?" The King asked, clenching his fists.

"The Flake Armies just brought down our defenses and are now attacking from inside!"

"Is Jiyong with them?" He asked again, putting on his armor.

"No, Sire, the war is led by Prince Chanyeol." The army reported.

"Huh, such a coward. What kind of king would send his son to a great war? Stupid." He growled, still getting ready to get in the fight. "Minho-ssi, get the Queen and my sons to safety. And Hyunsik-ssi, make sure every Frost Army is taken out to fight, we need all the help we can get. The seniors and strong juniors will fight along and build back our defenses, while ask the rest to bring as many people as they can to safety!" He ordered his guard and army as they nodded.

"Taeyang-ah!" Hyorin called out to his husband before he left.

"I'll be back, trust me. Just go." He smiled before disappearing behind the large door of the throne room.

"This way, Your Highnesses, we must be quick." Lee Min-Ho, their trusted guard lead them to the transparent royal bunker. "We'll be safe here for the time being."

Hyorin, Baekhyun, and Taehyung frowned and held their cries as the horrifying battle happened right before their eyes. People being blasted with sharp ice arrows, polar bears from the Snowflake Kingdom and snow leopards from the Ice Frost Kingdom are roaring at each other, biting, even eating people. Many Flake Armies are trying to break the bunker the royal family were in, but no luck.

All that... was too much for little Taehyung to see.

The moment his father joined them to take shelter, Taehyung crumpled the artwork in his hands, throwing it on the ground and let his tears down in his parent's arms. He just couldn't stand seeing his beloved home being torn down to pieces. He hated that. And he hated them.

That was where his dreams to live in harmony with the Snowflakes vanished. Just like that.

Here he is now, the Ice King.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A/N
Hey! Welcome or welcome back to another story of mine!

Just some short reminders:
• This is a vsoo ship story, other shippers are welcome, but hate comments will not be tolerated!
• This story is purely fictional.
• Originally made by myself, similarities aren't followed by an element of intentionality.
• No smuts!
• Consists of some violence!
• FANTASY

Hope you enjoy the story! And happy 4th MC Vsoo day 🎉