🏔 12 🏔

No one's POV

"I think your mother and brother is already inside, Taehyung. You should go in." Namjoon said which was answered with a nod from Taehyung before he knocked and slowly walked in the King's bedroom.

"Appa?" He called. Taeyang, Hyorin, Baekhyun and Taeyeon—Baekhyun's girlfriend—turned their heads as he took their attention.

"Ah! Taehyung-ah.. You're finally here." Taeyang smiled weakly, waving his hand to his youngest son.

Taeyeon got up from her seat and moved away, giving Taehyung some space so he can sit and talk to his father.

"How have you been, son?" Taeyang asked Taehyung.

"I've been well, appa."

"Everything's going on okay down there?"

"Not really. Unexpected things happened. But it's nothing i can't handle. You don't have to worry." Taehyung smiled, assuring.

Taeyang returned the smile and nodded.

"What happened to you?" It was Taehyung's turn to ask.

"Huh.." The King sighed. "I fought one against one with the Flake King. Apparently this was what happened."

"What happened? I mean from beginning to end."

"Jiyong was strong. And he knew i was too. So we decided to have a one against one fight. We told our armies to stay put around there, just in case, though. Apparently, long story short, after hours of fighting, somehow i lost against him and here i am."

Taehyung clenched her fists and her eyes turned blue.

"Calm yourself down, Taehyung-ah. I need to talk to you first before i die." Taeyang smiled.

"Appa, don't say that!" Baekhyun complained, which was replied with a weak chuckle from Taeyang.

"Chanyeol-ah, you're an awesome son." He started. "You're our first born. Our first prince. My first best buddy. Our first hope. When you were born, i knew you weren't like any other. You have a noble heart. You want what's best for everyone. You are kind, understanding, loving, respectful, every good thing anyone would ever want to have. Up to this very moment i'm still not convinced that you want to give up the throne just because of your job back in the city. But i don't need to know that. I know you have your own reasons and i know you. Even if you won't be the next King, son, you still are the oldest. Lead your family and kingdom with dignity, pride, confidence, and intelligence. You have my blessings in all you do."

Baekhyun smiled with tears forming in his eyes, "i'm gonna do whatever i can to help our kingdom and make you proud, appa. I promise."

"Taeyeon-ah." Taeyang turned to look at the normal girl beside the Queen, "unknown to you, i've asked some people to spy and follow you in most things you do in your life. And none of them told me even one single thing about what makes them think you can't be a part of our Kingdom. You are a great person, Taeyeon-ah, and you deserve someone great too. My son here, to me, he's a great man. Before i go, i just want to tell you that you both have my blessings." Baekhyun and Taeyeon looked at each other happily.

"Thank you, abeoji. I promise i'll take care of Baekhyun and love him for the rest of my life." Taeyeon's tears started to fall as she said that, both happy tears and sad tears.