🏔 14 🏔

No one's POV

The two princes went to do their 'secret mission' as the battle outside the kingdom turned tenser and more dangerous. None of the armies or the King and Queen was ready to back out. Their powers grow stronger each second.

"Ready to give up, Flake? It seems like you're running out of breath. You know what that means? It means there's a possibility that you'll be out of breath soon enough, am i right?" The boy smirked at his opponent and was responded by a scoff.

"What do you think i am? Fyi, Frost, i will never back down until my last breath to fight for my Kingdom's freedom."

"Alright, Flake. Well let's see which Kingdom gets their freedom because i'm not backing down as well." He replied, once again shooting ice and aiming it towards the Queen and the Flake Armies.

The fight was intense, not one single person fell or stopped fighting. Bears and tigers kept on roaring, people shouting, screaming, punching, hitting, kicking, swords and shields clanging, ice blasting, snowflakes as sharp as knives flying all around the place, frosts freezing things here and there, dark clouds of snow hanging right above them, hard wind blowing from every direction, all were giving up their blood, sweat, and tears for their Kingdom and their families and they're not going to stop until the other surrenders.

But unknown to them, a third person was coming their way, making a whole plot twist in their story.

Junkyu and Baekhyun's side

"The library's through appa's room, hyung, over here." Junkyu whispered, not wanting any guards in the castle to hear them.

"May i come in?" Baekhyun hesitantly asked when Junkyu opened the former King's room.

"Of course. My Father's body is still in there.. But it's not like he can kill you." He sadly smiled, and Baekhyun saw that. He gave him a comforting smile and patted his shoulder, "i understand how you feel."

Junkyu nodded thankfully as the two went in the room before closing the door to make sure no guards can come in unnoticed.

Baekhyun sighed when he saw the former King lay down lifelessly on his bed, not even having the chance or opportunity to get the funeral like his father did as the battle had already started. Even if the King has never known him for being the prince of the Frosts, he knew Jiyong was a nice King, man, and Father. He remembered the time where Taeyeon nearly died in a car crash and he wasn't there with her when the accident happened.

Jiyong, who came to visit Jisoo in the city apparently saw the accident and quickly brought Taeyeon to the hospital along with Sandara. When Baekhyun arrived at the hospital, he saw Sandara shedding a tear in Jiyong's arms, making him confused. He knew who they were but the couples didn't knew who he was. They talked and that's when he understood that the former King and Queen of the Flakes aren't what his people thought they were.

They were wise, kind leaders who only did what they needed to do for their Kingdom and people.

"Your Father was a nice person." Baekhyun smiled sincerely.

"He was." Junkyu sighed. "Wanna... see him closer? It may be the last time."

"May i? It sure will be an honor to be able to see the former King of the Flakes up close."

"Why not? I trust you." He smiled as he led their way closer to the bed where Jiyong lies.

Baekhyun took a deep breath and kneeled beside the bed, looking sadly at the King. It's as if he sees his father's reflection in there. "I'm sorry my Father had to hurt him.." He mumbled, just loud enough for Junkyu to hear.