⚜ 18 ⚜

I'm not an expert in how Survivor's Guilt works, but ya'll know it's not something to laugh at. Anyways, onto the story.

________

 "Okay, we need more intel about King and find out where to go from here." Meliodas began with a thoughtful look on his face. The others are standing around now that there's a village that looked empty nearby, with Diane standing by as she looks at them and listens, "We also need some money to feed ourselves so... Let's get the tavern up and running!" he finished with a snap of his fingers.

 "Well what do you know, I guess the Cap'n really does sell the drinks." Ban remarks with a smirk.

 "What, you thought he'd hog it all to himself?" Bella questioned the tall Omega, her arms crossed while giving the side-glance.

 "In a way." Ban remarks, smirking over to the female Alpha.

 "Okay! Diane, you'll be bringing in the customers as the jumbo billboard girl!" the blonde Omega said, pointing to Diane whose eyes shimmered at the thought. Even though she daydreamed that Bella will watch her as she does it.

"As for you," Meliodas said next, pointing to Ban. "You'll be cooking up some tasty grub. Got that?"

 "Who, me?" the Fox Sin asked with a grin.

"Don't you mean horrible food?" Hawk questioned rather skeptically.

 "Oh I can assure you that Ban whips up delicious food, it'll make you yell out tasty!" Meliodas responded to the boar as he grins. Then he turns to in one specific direction, "As for Bell, she... can..."

 Him trailing off with his eyes widening a little each second made the others look, and to their bewilderment Bella is nowhere in sight. Which confused them greatly because the mint-haired woman was with them seconds ago.

 "Where did she go?" Elizabeth asked as she looks around with a small frown.

 "Better question is, when did she even leave?!" Diane questioned while waving her arms a little.

-

 "So this is supposedly the City of the Dead..." Bella muses as she wanders down the road through the village that looks deserted. She looks around, finding no new faces which really doesn't surprise her at all.

 The mercenary then scoffs as she now stands in the middle of an open area in the village. Her hands firmly planted on her armored waist, "Honestly... I was expecting a little more... haunting and dark..."

 Speaking of haunting and dark, the Alpha quivered at the recent episode she had suffered from moments earlier. Nightmares are one thing, but suffering an episode like that is something she never wished to go through over and over. That had to be like the worst one out of all the other episodes she suffered previously.

 How did that even begin to be a problem for her?

 Bella thought about it, and guesses it occurred around the Tragedy of Faerghus. Maybe because of the fall of the glorious kingdom and the loss of the beloved prince was the last straw for her, and her sanity snapped. It was at that point she believed that everywhere she goes, a tragedy will follow and fall to make her suffer.

 Make her watch the people around her dying off, taunting her that she dragged them into this. She dragged them into their deaths. This is why she was separating herself from the public so one like the Tragedy of Faerghus won't happen ever again. That's why she was against joining Meliodas and Elizabeth.

 But so far, nothing happens for the past two days.

 And she wouldn't count on the calm and peace to last this long.