⚜ 20 ⚜

There was clashing in the air. Each clash just as loud as ever, ringing across the silent air and the traveling across the surrounding area. Only two people occupied the training grounds, before eventually one of them was pushed down to the ground and their weapon skidded away from reach. He sat there, eyes narrowing deeply at the face of his opponent who merged victorious.

 And that opponent... was Bella herself, who stands over him with her broadsword pointed at him. The sharp end that gleams under the light, was so close to the neck that is bared in attempt to be away from it. Away from being cut open.

 Both of them stared at each other for only a passing moment, before she moves her sword away and then reached out to him with her hand. He stares at it, before taking her hand and allows her to help him stand up.

 "Good fight." he tells her, turning around after she released her hold on him to retrieve his sword.

 "You were doing well, until at the last moment." Bella tells him, her tone and face impassive as ever. Even though there is a glint of warmth and slight concern within them, as she watches him put away his sword and turning around to face her again. "Something must be on your mind." she added.

He just looks aside, as his eyes narrows even more, "It's nothing to be concerned about."

Bella looks at him, unconvinced at his response.

 "Are you sure about that? That look in your eyes tells a different story." the mint-haired woman points out, while putting away her own sword in the scabbard. She heard him cursing a bit under his breath, before turning his head to face her once more.

 "You and your way of seeing right through me..." the man mumbles with slight irritation in his voice.

 A small smirk was formed on her lips, "I would be a terrible person for not looking out for you, am I?"

He looks at her for a moment.

 "Bella, I had the most strangest dream last night." he said, making Bella tilt her head at that. She knows he is not one to share about dreams easily, so this had to be the first he talks about it right away without her pestering it. And besides, why does he seem to fret over a dream that much now that he confides?

 "Really? Do tell, I'm all ears." Bella said, folding her arms below her chest.

 "Just don't laugh, for it would sound so absurd...."

 "I promise I won't."

 He seems to think about her response, before nodding his head. "The dream I had... I remember the War. We were there, fighting against the enemies when all of a sudden you got separated from us. I was looking for you, until I felt a sharp pain in my chest and blacked out. Then I see you, all by yourself and holding onto the glowing sword. You were alone for a long time, wandering endlessly until I see you hanging with several people and you look...." the man trails off, his brows furrowing as though he's trying to find the right word. 

"I look what?" Bella inquired.

 "You look... happy. You were smiling, as though you are free from having to hide yourself." he said, and then looks at her with an unsure look. "As though... you finally accepted yourself as an Alpha."

 That made Bella want to snort. Her? Finally accepting herself as an Alpha? That sounded very far-fetched to her, for there is no way she will ever accept her dynamic. Although... a small part of her is curious of the people that might be responsible for it.