Chapter 3.0

The next second, Ariel landed harshly on a wooden floor. She noticed she was in a small cottage along with Floppy.

A woman, who looked as if she was in her mid - forties came hurrying at the sound of people.

" Floppy! " The woman exclaimed.

" Floppy wishes Mrs.Jonathan a good evening. Mistress ordered Floppy to bring Miss Ariel to you " Floppy said, bowing.

" Oh dear! What happened to Selena, tell me! What happened to my dear Lena? " Mrs.Jonathan asked.

" She was attacked. Floppy couldn't save her. Floppy had to listen to Floppy's mistress' order. Floppy had to bring Miss Ariel to you " Floppy explained.

Mrs Jonathan took a shaky breath and collapsed on the couch of her living room , clutching her head.

" Thank you Floppy.I assure you, Ariel will be safe with me " Mrs Jonathan said . Oh how she wished to let someone know about this attack , but , her being a squib really didn't let her .

And with that Floppy disappeared.

" Aunty? " Ariel called. She and her mother had visited Mrs. Jonathan many times and Ariel knew who she was.

" Come here my child " Mrs Jonathan said, extending her arms as the little girl climbed in her lap .

" Where is mum ? " The girl mumbled, feeling exhausted by all the activities that took place in the past hour.

" I don't know dear. But remember, she loves you, I love you. You are safe " Mrs. Jonathan said, stroking the girls hair as she fell asleep in her arms.

It had been almost fifteen minutes after Ariel had fallen asleep when there was a loud crack in Mrs. Jonathan's garden. She carefully glanced through the window - death eaters stood there , one of them being Ashton Fawley- Selena's father , Rodulphus Lestrange and the other Alecto Carrow .

Mrs Jonathan quickly picked Ariel up in her arms, wrapped a blanket around her and escaped from the back door of the cottage. She ran as fast as she could , careful not to disturb or scare the little girl. She ran through woods as fast as her legs could carry her .

After about half an hour, Mrs. Jonathan reached the edge of a village. There she saw a small tattered building with a board hanging at its door which said - St. Stephen's Orphanage .

Mrs. Jonathan heard voices in the distant which she recognized to be the death eaters'. She was a squib, so they would not mind killing her. She realized that as long as Ariel was with her, Ariel wasn't safe. So she did the next best thing - slowly forced opened the door of the Orphanage, pushed a sleeping Ariel inside with teary eyes and left.

Mrs. Jonathan ran, but not before breaking the board which read the Orphanage's name, so that the death eaters do not search for Ariel there.

Mrs. Jonathan ran and ran until she felt footsteps behind her. She kept running, determined to go back to Ariel if she escaped. A few seconds later she was hit with a red flash of light and she fell to the floor.

" Aha, here is the Jonathan squib. Now tell me where my scum of a granddaughter is, and maybe I will spare you " Fawley drawled.

" Never" Mrs. Jonathan said. She won't let these death eaters get to Ariel. She had to protect Ariel as a payback of how Selena had helped her all these years.

" Stubborn much. Looks like we have cure for that too. Rodulphus my boy, would you like the pleasure? " Fawley hummed .

" Certaily , Ashton. " Rodulphus said, stepping forward. He pointed his wand at Mrs Jonathan, determined to break her, but Mrs. Jonathan, being brave as she was - didn't even lower her head in front of him.

" Go on. I dare you " She whispered.

" Crucio !" Rodulphus exclaimed .

Mrs. Jonathan screamed and twitched in pain, but her mouth was sealed. She wouldn't let an innocent child get captured by these monsters.

__________

Edited On - 16/01/2022