Chapter 4.3

"Where were you ?What happened? Why are you bleeding ?" Ariel , Leonard and Vedika were instantly Bombarded with questions the moment they stepped inside Leonard's House .

"What happened , Kids?" Steve asked , looking worried .

Ariel , Leonard, and Vedika shared a look . There was no way in Hell they were telling Leonard's Parents about what had just happened . The three kept looking at each other , and realizing that the others were thinking the same as them , subtly nodded .

" Umm......Ariel got her foot stuck in mud , tried pulling out , tripped , and fell right on top of a heap of pointed branches" Vedika said and Ariel mentally facepalmed herself for her stupid excuse . But it looked like Lana and Steve had bought the excuse . The three had been smart enough to use some bandages they had with them , and conceal the marks on Ariel's face with the concealing charm , but some minor scratches were still visible.

"But...What about your wands flying from in here , they almost hit me on the head " Steve said .

"Oh Fuck" Leonard muttered .

"Language! Young man !" Steve warned his son .

"Umm.....She had gotten scratches on herself and they were bleeding , so we decided to heal them using magic before they got worse " Leonard said .

"Oh Dear. C'mon Ariel , let's get you cleaned up" Lana said.

"Oh N-No , Lana. I'm good . It was just a few scratches after all " Ariel said and sighed when Lana fondly patted her head. She gave each of them a hug , and told them to wake her up if they needed anything . Vedika and Ariel headed towards their shared room after wishing Leonard a Good Night .

After switching of the lights , changing their clothes ,and carefully packing their wands in their trunks ,the two flopped on their beds .

It was silent for a few moments , before Ariel said -

"Peace. At last "

But , she spoke too soon , for the nest moment , something came crashing through the window.

Ariel and Vedika sat up in alarm.

Suddenly , Vedika felt something hovering over her and she screamed out loud - "WHAT IS THAT?"

" HAVE NO CLUE-FUCKING HELL!" Ariel screamed as the thing now hovered over her......and seemed to peck her head .

She picked up the nearest thing she could find in the dark and aimed for the thing. There was loud and squeaky screeching sound just as Ariel whacked what she was holding.

"Oww FUCK!" Vedika said and Ariel realized that she had hit her . Ariel touched the thing she was holding to realize it was a lamp. That was most probably broken.

"Oh I'm so sorry-AHHH" Ariel said , but was cut off by the hovering thing siting on her shoulder . She squirmed and jumped around until it got away from her .

"You asshole, It hurts!" Vedika said as she tried searching around for Ariel in the dark to have her revenge .

"Ah-Hah....Found ya !" Vedika exclaimed as her hand came in contact with something that was moving. It took her some time to realize that it was very small for a hand and feathery and seemed to attack her hand with something sharp.

"But......I am here " Ariel said .

"T-Then what the fuck am I holding ?" Vedika asked .

The next second , the two girls ran up from their places and tried turning on the lights .

"Fuck...Lights are out " Vedika said as she hurriedly tried switching on on off the light button . There was another squeaky and screeching sound , probably from the hovering things . Ariel and Vedika turned around and dashed for the door.

The two crashed straight into something , or rather -someone. The two screamed again , and so did the person .

It took a few moments before the two girls realized who was the third screaming person.

"Leonard?" Vedika and Ariel asked.

"Wait...You two.....What was all this noise, you scared me...I came to check upon you " Leonard asked hurriedly , gasping for breath.

"There is something in our room " Ariel panted .

"And what exactly is that something?" Leonard asked, but lit looked like he got his answer the next moment , for the small thing Hovered over him ,sat on his head and scratched it .

Leonard let out a high pitched girl scream , his hands violently shaking as if he was having a seizure , Vedika and Ariel backed into the wall as he fell to the floor , unconscious .

"Leo? Leonard ?" The two asked out in the dark , but received no answer , not even one from the screeching thing .

The two heard footsteps approaching the room and instantly picked up the nearest things they could find for defense .

Ariel and Vedika silently headed towards the door, tip toeing as to not make a noise . They heard the person outside twist the door knob and the door slowly opened with an unpleasant scratching sound .

Ariel and Vedika raised their hands with their defense objects over their heads , ready to strike. Just as they were about to strike what they thought was an intruder or a scary person, the lights came back on , and they found Lana and Steve in front of them .

" Hey Hey Kids , Calm D- What is this ?" Steve asked .

Ariel and Vedika turned around and their eyes widened . The room was a mess with books and clothes here and there , the two realized that they were still holding up a lamp and a Baseball bat in their hands .........and Leonard was unconscious on the floor

And a Small Barn owl with a letter in its mouth was perched on his head .

A/n : It is more of a filler chapter , really . R.I.P to my shitty zero-sense of humor .