Chapter 2.2

" Firs' years ! Follow meh !" An all to familiar gruff voice called out . The students had just reached hogsmead station and were getting down the Hogwarts express.

Ariel's head snapped towards the voice . It was Hagrid ! A smile instantly made way on Ariel's face . Hagrid looked around as first years joined him in a line , Ariel standing right in front of the annoying twins who kept bugging her , much to her dismay. As soon as Hagrid saw her , he called out -

" Nice journey , 'riel ?" He asked and Ariel nodded .

Hagrid led them to a large lake , Hogwarts clearly visible on its other end . Moonlight danced elegantly on the walls of the Majestic castle , making it shine . Tiny dots of bright yellow light peeped through the windows of the castle. The moon was reflecting beautifully on the lake , its rays swimming . Ariel , like other children - gaped at the castle . Her mouth was agape and eyes wide , she had to admit that she had never seen such a sight in all her 11 years of life .

" C'meh everyone , on the boats ! no more than fou' on one !" Hagrid called . Ariel headed to one of the boats , stepping on it carefully . She saw the Red-Head twins running towards the boat , they were running so fast that Ariel was sure that if they stepped on the boat with such speed, it might turn over . Though - she was saved by Merlin himself - because , before the twins could reach the boat , a boy with curly brown hair , along with two more children - whom Ariel recognized to be Leonard and Vedika stepped on the boat .

Fred and George stopped abruptly , the force of their sudden stoppage making them fall face first on the floor together . The two groaned in sync , helped each other up , glared at the people in Ariel's boat and stormed off . Ariel breathed a sigh of relief , feeling relieved after such a tiring journey with the two .

The boats started moving by themselves , making many eyes widen . Leonard , Vedika and the other boy turned to Ariel .

" We meet again Ariel!" Vedika exclaimed , smiling brightly .

" Uh- well , nice to see you again " Leonard said awkwardly , making Ariel chuckle as she smiled at the two . She still hadn't become used to introducing herself to people or even talking to them , and she was very well aware that she was socially awkward , so she just stared at the boy with curly brown hair until he extended a hand towards her .

" Cedric Diggory .Nice to meet you " He said , offering her a kind , charming smile. Ariel lightly shook his hand .

" Ariel - uh - Black . Nice to meet you too " Ariel said . Even in the course of a few days , she had known that the Blacks were one of the most renowned wizarding families . It made her feel uncomfortable , specially the name 'BLACK' . She could have changed her last name to Fawley , but she didn't - she was way too proud for it . Though , It would have not made much of a difference because The Fawleys were famous purebloods too.

The boy , Cedric, Just smiled at her . Though , a look had crossed his eyes when she said that she was a black .

They all reached the grounds of Hogwarts and were led inside the castle . A woman - Whom Ariel recognized as Minerva McGonagall approached them and lead the first years to a small corridor , right beside the Ginormous Wooden doors of some sort of hall .

" Good evening everyone . Welcome to Hogwarts " McGonagall said , looking around at the kids . Her eyes lingered on Ariel and she gave the girl a small, kind smile.

" Now , a few minuted later , you will be lead to the great hall and will be sorted into your houses . They are - Gryffindor , Hufflepuff , Ravenclaw and Slytherin . All of these houses hold a lot of worth and importace and all of them have produced countless great and successful witches and wizards . During your time at Hogwarts , your houses will be like a family to you. If you break any rules , your house will loose points, Do good work and study hard and your house will earn points. At the end of the year , The house with the most house points will be awarded the house cup . Now, I want you all at the very best of yourself . I will be back in a moment " Saying all this in one breath and then pressing her lips into a thin line , McGonagall left the first years to themselves .

Murmurs broke through the crowd of children , but , they all became dead silent as McGongall returned and ushered them inside the hall . The wooden doors were opened dramatically . The first years nervously walked between the aisle of house tables . People stared at them . Ariel saw the girl she met at diagon Alley , Tonks , wave at her , Her hair were a shade of pretty violet now .Ariel offered the girl a small smile and the girl winked at her and gave her a thumbs up .

The first years reached a raised platform in front of a long table , Many elderly people sat their - who were obviously - teachers . An old man with twinkling blue eyes behind his half moon glasses and the longest white beard Ariel had ever seen sat at the center of the long table .

The great hall went deadly silent as McGonagall brought a stool and a hat and placed them on the platform . Ariel stared , puzzled , at the Hat . Suddenly , The hat ..........moved ? An opening grew wide in the hat and it ............spoke ? THE HAT SpOkE? Gasps emerged from many first years . The hat broke into a song :

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart , Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again.

"When I call your name, you will walk forward and the sorting hat will sort you into your respective houses " McGonagall said as she pulled out a scroll and started calling names from it .

" Avery , Evan !" McGongall called out as a Black haired boy walked forward , as if he owned the place . The hat sat on his head for merely a second before it declared him a Slytherin .

" Abbot, Mia !" A cute looking girl with waist long brown hair walked forward . The hat declared her a Ravenclaw.

" Black , Ariel !" McGongall called out . The hall went silent . There was silence . pin.drop.silence . A black robed , greasy looking professor - who sat on the teacher's table - looked as if he would be anywhere but there after hearing her name .

Ariel took a deep breath and slowly walked over to the platform . She sat on the stool, took another deep breath and looked confidently right in front of her . A hat was placed on her head - blocking half the view of the great hall from her eyes .

" Ahhhh--A Black and a Fawley . Mum in Ravenclaw , dad in Gryffindor ..................A difficult one you are ...................................Could be in hufflepuff - Kind and loyal ..............But not patient enough ............................." The hat sopke very slowly in Ariel's head .

" Could you hurry up , please ?" Ariel asked the hat quietly , scrunching up her nose.

" Hmmm........Just proved my point . Could be a Ravenclaw ..................But your pride declines , Would make a good Slytherin ............... A perfect one , Cunning and sly , ambitious and determined..................But , The bravery you posses , How strong you have been through years ..............It overcomes , Overcomes all your traits ........................Better be ........GRYFFINDOR !" The Hat announced . Gasps were heard all throughout the great hall . Black's were always in Slytherin and the Fawley's were always in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin . Sirius Black had proven the point about the Blacks wrong by being in Gryffindor . Years later , his daughter proved not only the prejudice about the Blacks, but the prejudice against the Fawleys to be wrong , too.

Ariel smiled proudly and headed down to Gryffindor table , people gawking at her . Minerva McGonagall and Albus Dumbledore looked proudly down at the girl . McGongall making a mental note to inform a certain someone about Ariel. Little did Ariel know , Her already changed life will be flipped upside down through her time at Hogwarts .