Chapter 13.3

A/N: I am so so so sorry for the long wait on this one. I have been gone for more than a month. I am so sorry. I am now in class ninth, which in terms of where I live, is the beginning of high school, and I have been busy with work. Once again, I am so so so sorry. I am so grateful for the response I am receiving on this shitty story. I love you all so much. Now, I'll shut up and let you read in peace.

_____________

This time, Ariel was determined to find answers.

Her mind was buzzing, her thoughts clouded with something she only knew to be a strange curiosity. And she approached the only professor she knew she could talk to.

"Professor McGonagall" Ariel said as she caught up with the teacher.

McGonagall turned around and smiled at her. "Good morning, Miss Black" McGonagall said.

"Good morning, professor" Ariel said.

"What brings you to me, Miss Black?" She asked raising her eyebrows. Ariel looked around and then leaned in.

"Professor, I need to talk to you" Seeing the girl's nervous state, McGonagall led her away to an empty classroom.

"What is it, dear?" She carefully asked.

"Ma'am, I am afraid the voices I heard they...they mean something" Ariel said.

McGonagall's face dropped. "We know that, Miss Black. The question is, why do you think so?"

"The same reason you think of, professor. Everything cannot be a coincidence, specially in our world. Something is about to happen" Ariel said.

"You need not worry, child. We are taking care of it"

"Such a good care that books from the restricted section are being sneaked off?" Ariel said. Now that got McGonagall's attention.

"What?!" She asked.

"Professor, last night, I had some questions, so I went to the library, to find answers. And in my search, my eyes went to the restricted section, many books were missing from their slots" Ariel said.

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much for informing this to me, Miss Black" McGonagall said. "My question is, what does it have to do with you?" She asked.

"Professor, there had to be a reason I am the only one hearing such voices. There has to be. And someone told me that when you need answers, start looking from the beginning. And you, professor, are one of the people I assume know everything on this case. I need answers, please" Ariel said.

"I am sorry Miss Black, I can tell you no more. " McGonagall said sternly. Ariel went to say something but was interrupted again by the teacher.

"Also, did I hear you were out at night? That's two weeks of detention in Mr Filch's office. I expect you to be there two hours prior to dinner" And then, she walked away.

Ariel sighed as her shoulders slumped down. But she wasn't giving up. What if a teacher didn't tell her what she wanted even after being polite? She was going to find this out herself. Maybe with a little bit of help.

_________________

At six in the evening, Ariel walked down toward Filch's office.

It was a pleasant November evening. A cool breeze was blowing, signifying that winter was near. She entered Filch's office, documents were scattered about, the floor dusty, and webs hanging off from walls. Had Filch even picked up a broom in his 100 years of annoying existence?

Suddenly, the door burst open, Filch entering with a snarl. He handed Ariel a broom and a washing cloth, growled lowly at her and said, "These should be cleaned in two hours" And walked out, Mrs Norris purring in his arms.

Ariel sighed and set to work, sweeping corner by corner, dusting documents by documents and arranging them, washing dirty corners, and taking off the webs.

While dusting and shuffling through the thousands of documents, she came across a document, labelled "Minos Gaunt. Student: 1938-1945"

The author of the book. Ariel's mind flashed. She grabbed the document, opened its envelope, and pulled out the bundle of papers. She didn't know why she wished to have details of the author, but something told her that everything was related.

So, she hurriedly shuffled the papers into the coat document, looking around the empty office just to make sure someone won't pop out of anywhere. She hurriedly assembled the documents and made a check around the office, to confirm that no one was looking.

And then, checking the time, she ran. She ran through the corridors, shuffling through the crowd heading for dinner. But she ran back straight to her common room, throwing open the door and seating herself on the bed. And with shaky hands, she pulled out the papers from her robe's pocket. The document read:

Minos Gaunt

Student from 1951 to 1958

Achievements: Head Boy

Quidditch Captain, lead his team to victory 16 times.

Invented a spell useful in helping a person clear up their mind, at the age of 15.

Awarded with " SIFC (Special innovation in the field of charms)" at the age of 16 by the ministry.

Wait a second...Ariel pulled out the book that was still carefully hidden away in the trunk under her bed.

She pulled out the book and flipped through the pages.

"Unfogging one's mind" A page read, and Ariel read through it, everything now making sense. This book was gold. It would help her finally know what was going on, it would clear up her mind, and help her learn everything she needed. All she had to do was follow the instruction and learn the spell given. But there was one problem.

At the end of the page, a note read : Only to be performed by descendants of the Gaunt family, would otherwise prove to be fatal.

____