Chapter 21 - Trust Me

"Eric made a deal with you?" he said in disgust, I can understand where he was coming from, my people have probably done nothing but be cruel and torturous towards him. His code is that all werewolves must be destroyed and his confusion is just seeing as he would never have ever believed his brother to make a deal with the likes of me. 

"Yes he did. Your uncle was going to leave you here at the mercy of the wolves all for the sake of his diluted vision that all werewolves must pay for what one did to his wife. Now I don't condone what my pack has done and trust me they will answer for what they have done, but I don't like Steven, not even a little bit but the fact he was going to just leave his family like that didn't really sit right with me or your brother, so he let me and my sister escape and I promised to get you out. Now Eric is actually reasonable and one of handful of hunters I like and would prefer not to kill in the war that is to come, so if you want to be on that list and you in fact would like to survive your little visit to our dungeons then I suggest, you sit there, shut up and listen to what my plan is because if everything doesn't not go right we're both dead".

Keith sat in silence as I explained the plan, his eyes always trained on me, never leaving not even for a moment, it was disrespectful but he knew that hence why he was doing it. My plan wouldn't happen for a few days, I had to make sure I had all my pieces in place before I could risk it, I also had to make sure I wasn't implicated in the escape but I had to be there to make sure he wasn't killed. There will be a war strategy meeting in three days, all wolves are required to attend, that is when they'll bring Keith to the house and lock him in the basement. The basement is sound proof so other wolves aren't disturbed by the torture processes that used to go on down their before the cellar was built. It's an old house and they always have escape routes in case they get closed in. There is a route in the basement that leads out into the woods a couple hundred yards away from the house. If all goes according to plan they'll think he slipped his cuffs and made his way through the tunnel, which was discovered when they attacked at the ball and not that they had inside help. 

"That's your plan?" he looked at me when I finished, his face screwed up as if he thought it horrible, I'm not a master planner, but that was our best option. 

"Yes it's the only one that means you get away without harm and I remain alive". 

"We're gonna die" he explained. 

I just rolled my eyes, "Trust me, alright. Do you know how to get out of hand cuffs?" 

"Rope, zip-ties, even wire but no not cuffs" he looks down in shame, he was only young he may not have made it that far yet. 

"Then I'll have to teach you, you better be a fast learner" a smile spread across his face, 

"One of the best" he stood up and lent on the table, 

"No need to be smug" I snapped at him, he just giggled and rested his back against the wall. 

"I'll come back tomorrow to teach you, try to stay alive til then" I spoke turning towards the door, 

"I'll do my best" he grimaced. 

All I need to do now is keep my cool and make sure that Holden doesn't read my plan, which is a lot harder than I thought it would be, he knows when i'm hiding things, he feels my emotions but I can't trust him with this one. He won't rat my out to his father but he will try and stop me or help me and i'm not sure which one is worse. 

I managed to find solace with my thoughts as I showered, feeling the hot water run all over my body as it soothed my aching muscles. It felt nice to have a shower after a few days of being covered in sweat and blood and being able to wash my hair was just like heaven. 
I didn't want to hop out but there were things that needed to be done, school work I needed to catch up on and an Alpha I need to avoid - for the time being. 
Wrapping a towel around me I left my wet hair to drape over my shoulders, I walk out into Holden's room and see my books sitting on his desk, my sweaty clothes lying on the ground which I wasn't going to put back on so I did what anyone would do, wolf or not, I collapsed onto his bed and stared at the ceiling. I heard his footsteps from down the hallway, his training must of ended already and now he was coming to claim his shower. He took the stair two at a time made it to me in no time, 

"You know there is stuff you can be doing" he told me, 

"Yeah but this seemed like the better option" I explained to him, 

"How was training?" he asked, I sat up so I could see him and his shirt was already off, I should be fazed by him with his shirt off anymore but after everything it was like seeing it for the first time and I found my words get caught in my throat. 

"Train-Training was fine" I answered, wanted to jump through the floor so I wouldn't see how stupid I was being about being around him like this again. 

"I wasn't sure if you'd be up for it yet but then again you're Lily nothing much keeps you down" I smiled a little as my eyes drifted from him to the floor. 

"What is it?" he asked, I could feel him trying to probe my brain with his and I fought hard to keep the memory of mine and Keith's encounter at bay and hidden in the back of my mind. 

"Just wondering how we got here" I mumbled but I knew he heard me, 

"It was bound to happen sooner or later, hunters are never satisfied" he tried explaining to me, 

"I meant us" I looked up at him and his eyes held my gaze, I stood up from the bed, holding the towel close to me, I wasn't too sure what I meant by my statement, where it was the fact we had fallen apart and I someone had fallen for him again or the fact we had fallen apart at all. 
The air around me intensified as our gazes held strong, I didn't realize what was about to happen until Holden crossed the distance between us in three easy strides, cupping my face with his hands he lowered his lips to mine in hast but once they connected it wasn't hurried or rushed, it was passionate and strong, a yearning a need to get as much of it as we can before it's over. 
But it didn't end. 

The kiss grew more aggressive as our wolves hungered for more, I could feel the animal inside me moving to the surface. Pulling back I look up at Holden, his eyes a bright gold, he and his wolf have been waiting for this for a long time and they weren't about to let it go and I didn't want to let it go, relinquishing control of the situation, Holden's lips moved towards my neck, skimming the sweet spot on my collarbone, my hands moved to his hair and clutched him closer. In the blink of an eye my towel was gone and in another second I found myself being pushed onto the bed. Staring up at Holden I watched as his eyes scanned my naked body, moving up and down slowly, I could see his gold was shrinking, turning black. 

"Hey" I said grabbing his hand,
"Don't give him all of you" he blinked a few times trying to recollect himself and I saw him take back control. Pulling him down on top of me, his weight on me his heat against my heat it felt like home, our lips locked again as I wrapped my legs around his hips and used my hands to locate every muscle on the front of his body, slowly moving further down to his waist line where I ran my fingers across the top of his pants. He pulled back panting and quickly lowered his pants until I could see every square inch of him and I knew after this I was going to need another shower.