Chapter 27 - Delta

For it is she with hair of white

not bound to moonlight

the blood of the first runs in her veins

Her power released from loyal chains

When the dark returns to feast again

And blood becomes rain

The infinite White will lay her claim

And with her might the beast be slain

The words played on a loop in my head, I haven't been able to focus since Alpha Viceras spoke to me, uttering those words, in front of a lot of my friends and wolves of the pack. It was silent within the shed once Alpha Viceras stopped talking, admiring the new features that had appeared during my fight with Cole. 

Reflected in the mirror before me is someone I don't recognise, my once dark hair had become the colour of snow, my canines were elongated and my nails sharpened, even my eyes weren't the beautiful silver I had loved, a shade of green had infiltrated my iris turning it to a light almost pale green. But these features aren't permanent as I had come to find out, I returned to my normal looks after I shifted out of wolf form. I shifted as soon as I exited the shed and ran straight for home, Cole knew better than to follow me and I told Holden to leave me alone after he tried to convince me to calm down. Alexis and the others weren't sure what to make of it and didn't try to push the issue. 

It's a fight or flight response, this facade or glamour comes out when I feel threatened or afraid, or angry, when my heart rate spikes basically and I don't know if it's permanent or not, or what triggered it but it's getting harder to think the story of the infinite white as just an old wives tale. 

Lily... She whispered to me, 

"You know what's happening don't you?" I ask, though it sounded more accusatory than questioning. 

I am your wolf, but before you I was Hers. I was unsure if you were her incarnate, I didn't think She would be needed again, until I saw that wolf in the clearing and when Cole told that story, I knew that you were who I believed you to be and you are a part of something bigger. 

"Im glad everyone's so sure of who I am" I snapped, staring at the stranger in the mirror, I decided to calm myself, closing my eyes I slowed my breathing, emptied my mind and felt my heartbeat decrease in speed. I check my teeth before opening my eyes, the canines for back to normal, opening my eyes I see my eyes, the silver eyes, the dark hair, I was me again. the girl I was born. Lily. 

***

It didn't take long for word to spread, of course Alpha Viceras would have explained it all to Alpha Knight and I was summoned. 

The pack house was pretty much empty but those wolves that roamed stopped and stared, I head for the main office, the Alpha's office and inside were a lot of wolves, all eyes on me as soon as I entered. Alpha sat at his desk, Alpha Viceras leant up against it, Holden, Cooper, Cole all standing awkwardly, Tala sat on the couch unbothered by having been the only female in the room. As I walked into the room, I felt Luna walk in behind me, she moved right over to her husband and stood behind me, like a good Luna does. But the other important wolves that speak for the other families were no where to be seen, not even my own parents were here. 

"Lily, please come in" Alpha gestured for me to move further into the room and I decided to stand with my back to the book case so I can't be surprised from behind. 

"Lily, I just want to apologise for surprising you earlier, I had thought about discussing it with you first and helping you transform so you were ready and willing, but when I saw that your transformation had already happened, I just got too excited and made a spectacle of you, that was not my intention" Alpha Viceras spoke, breaking the silence,