Chp. 6 - The Confrontation

Sorry! Sorry I haven't updated lately, school has been hectic, I have assignments up to my ears and it's getting higher, but don't worry I still found time to update for you guys and I hope you like it :) Hugs and Kisses. 

Thursday morning and I finally got a goodnights sleep, Cole had texted me to go to bed at ten o'clock last night and I had no idea how he knew but it's just Cole, it's something he does and does well. Amber has gone back to tiptoeing around me like she did before I left last summer, saying the odd 'Hi' or 'Good morning' but nothing about Holden and nothing about me accepting her apology. But I did notice her starting to cover up more, like she would wear high waisted shorts when her shirts didn't reach her belly button. Or severely ripped jeans, instead of mini skirts. I'm not sure if it was for my benefit but I was noticing.

I decided to wear patterned tights, a navy blue tank top and my brown leather jacket with brown ankle boots. I threw it up this morning because it just wasn't working for me, going through my morning ritual of brewing the coffee but today was dad's late day, doing my orange juice and grabbing my salad from the fridge. Amber had remained in her room, once I left I knew she would venture out of it.

Arriving at school I was joined by the others, Alexis in her pre-party mode, even though we were going out tomorrow night. Lianna in her signature colours of black, red and white, mixing innocence, devilry and sexiness as she would put it. Quinn had curled her short brown hair and her wide doll like blue eyes were enhanced with dark eyeliner, she wore a corset and tights the way only a girl like Quinn could. I didn't even realise Taylor wasn't with us until I spotted him walking over to us, beanie on his head while it hung low. I could tell something was wrong, when he looked up I almost gasped in shock at the black eye he was sporting.

"Dude what happened?" Jeremy asked, getting closer to inspect it,

"Nothing, you should see the other guy" he joked but it wasn't like him, I gave him a disbelieving look and he sighed,

"Fine, I was crawling around with my sister and hit my eye on the edge of the coffee table" Lie. I could hear it, his heart picked up pace, he was lying to us and I desperate to know why. I looked at Mickey and he knew to, they all knew and we were all worried about him.

"You didn't call me back last night" I whinged,

"Yeh sorry, I got hung up, my dad made me pick him up from the club, I had to take my sister with me and I was so exhausted when I got back that I just fell asleep" another lie, what is going on with him?

After Taylor said he couldn't make it tomorrow night we headed to second period, it was a long walk from one end of the school to the other and with most wolves still not over the fact I had returned I was still very disturbed.

I smelt him the second before I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me into darkness, his Moroccan spice and chocolate scent filled the room like he had been waiting here for a while. It was De Javu, it was happening all over again, and as I felt his warm mint breath hit my neck I allowed my eyes to adjust. My wolf jumped inside me, growling at first but then it stopped and she waited to see how this would go. 

"What do you want Holden?" I don't know why I didn't throw him off me, probably because he was a hell of a lot stronger than me but something inside me liked that he was this close to me. 

"I want to talk" he said pushing away from me, he didn't turn the light on and I thought it best he didn't, I have know idea how i'll react in a small room when I can see him fully, 

"I don't see any need to talk" my voice broke and failed me, I could hear the smile forming on his lips, 

"I made a mistake" he said,