Chapter 38 - From the light of Today to my death Tomorrow

My two visits with Conrad Knight were different, the first conversation held regret, pain, a deep emotional wound, the second it was as if he had none at all. Was it an act? Was he trying to hide the mistakes he let slip when I first spoke to him? or was he just tired of pretending? Though I had found the answers I wanted, unfortunately they only brought more questions. With Holden's timely interruption last night, I vomited out everything, every theory, every conversation, with Grams, with Conrad, with Taylor about the treaty. I couldn't contain it once I started, it all blurted out in a mess, a heap even I couldn't comprehend, let alone Holden. So many secrets being brought to life and the revelation of having a brother, finding out his father's life would be forfeit in a couple days, the truth about what happened that night. He was a mess of emotions, not being able to centre on one they rapidly flicked through his body until he became overloaded, overwhelmed with it all he shifted, giving in to the wolf to release his mind. He's been gone all night; all I get are the answer cries from his wolf when mine reached out, unfortunately I couldn't focus solely on Holden's feelings anymore, the meeting was a couple days, the area needed scouting, plans needed deciding and I needed to visit the wolves at the training shed. I barely slept so when the sun rose, I walked out of the room and into the centre of the house that was a buzz with the changing of shifts. Conversations were flowing as hungry bellies were filled, the main dining room had been split up into round tables, able to seat eight at each, two packs now converged here until all these matters were concluded. Alpha Viceras had spoken to me about taking me around to other packs and introducing me, though many would have heard of my existence by now, my presence was expected to make it a reality and to give the packs a chance to align with me as his and my packs have done. That far into the future didn't even make sense to me when I was unsure if I would even survive the next few days. 
Conversation quickly died down when they sensed me coming, all sat and stared as I walked around the corner, I sighed watching them, waiting for me to talk, move, I didn't want to make to awkward for them, so I didn't intend to eat with them but while I had a few of them here I might as well address the next coming days. 

"I don't want to keep you so this will be quick" I start, "The next few days will be long, hard and arduous, we plan to make the treaty with the hunters the day after tomorrow in exchange for the former Alpha. Those on the Defence Line will be expected to participate in all planning and preparations for this meeting, the young wolves will need to be assessed for their readiness in case things go badly, majority of the non-fighting wolves have been transported out of territory, back to the area of Alpha Viceras where his people will tend to them until it is safe for them to return, everyone here will have a role to play, hopefully everything goes well and with the signing of the treaty, peace will soon come. We are not looking for a fight, but we need to be prepared for one. For the case of the demon wolf, I do not believe there will be peace until it is put down however, the demon wolf will become full focus once the exchange is finished and the treaty is signed. Until then if you have any questions feel free to approach myself, either Alpha's or Tala, the Betas, Cooper and Cole can also help if needed. Make sure you eat, sleep and train well, you are all warriors, and I am confident in our packs and their abilities, so please stay safe and I'm sorry for interrupting" I bow my head in apology before turning to leave, 

"Luna" I heard someone call out and it stopped me in my tracks, that was the first time anyone has called me Luna, the title I had always expected to where once I found out Holden was my mate but then never thought I would. I looked back at them as all the eyes had turned to the young wolf who had spoken, he stood from his seat, the courage he had built up roaring in his eyes as his heartbeat pounded against his chest. 
"I'm sorry that the pack hasn't always been on your side, including me" he bowed his head, "but I believe in you, I believe in the world you want to create for us, I believe in the sacrifices and hardships you have had to face, and I will gladly stand by your side, no matter what, you are the Infinite White, and this packs Luna, I will guard with you, fight with you, be the sword and shield you need in this war. From the light of today to my death tomorrow" He was a newbie in the Defence Line, I hadn't paid much attention to him, but I recognized his face from the young group of wolves I had spoken to on memorial hill.