Chp. 20 - Moves and Counter Moves

I thought I wouldn't get any sleep, the last thing I wanted was to sleep but it was the first thing I needed, I wasn't surprised when I woke up with the curtains closed and Holden no where to be seen. A smell wafted into the room, a smell that could only be coming from the kitchen, it was a mixture which meant that the main pack members were awake and hungry. I roll onto my side and stare at the clock, it's nine fifteen, not much of a sleep in by regular standards, but since i'm used to waking up just after sunrise it was enough for me. I needed to see Keith, I needed to get him out because of the promise I made to his brother, I needed to get to the bottom of Alpha Knights secrets. Sitting on the edge of the bed I look down at my thigh and see the bandage gone, the scar gone and stitches removed from my skin.

You had me worried. I let out a breath of relief and could feel tears prickle under my eyes, she was here, she was back. 

"I had myself worried" I told her, "I'm glad you're back" I whisper, annoyed at my own emotional state. 

Please, it'll take more than some altered serum to keep me from annoying you. She joked but I knew her better than that, she was afraid it might happen again but I refuse to let that happen, it won't happen, not ever again. 

Jumping up from the bed I spot a pile of clothes on Holden's couch, leather pants, white tank top and my combat boots. I through my hair up in a ponytail not wanting to deal with the mess it was in, I walk out of the room and follow the smell down to the kitchen where I find everybody. Alexis, Quinn, Mickey and Jeremy, a wave hits me when I realise who's missing, Liana, who died in the ambush on the ball and when I remember that my anger flares. Holden looks up from his food sensing my sudden change in mood and looks at me with a soft face, 

"She was a fighter and she died the way a true warrior should, do not begrudge her that" he mind linked me, he was right but I was still angry, they attacked on the orders of Steven the man who wanted to avenge the death of his wife who was killed by the Alpha. It took all my strength not to turn my hate filled eyes onto him. Quickly composing myself I walk around to the breakfast bar and grab an apple, everybody is watching my movements as I walk straight passed them and out the front door. 

"No breakfast this morning?" I look over at Cooper who is running towards the house, 

"Breakfast is the last thing I need, I need to train" I was adament in this, I wasn't going to rest not when the fate of this war rests with me and what I know. 

"Alright, lets go" I was a bit taken aback, I didn't mean for him to train with me, I was planning on going to see Keith's brother before I went to training but I can't now. Cooper raises his eyebrow at me with a smirk on his face. I turn away from Cooper and head to the training shed, which held all our equipment and a combat area where we practice maneuvers. Walking behind a partition I strip out of my pants and grab one of the track suit pants lying on the ground. 

---

I knocked Cooper to the ground making it even, sweat dripping from both of us, 

"You've gotten better. What'd they do to you?" he meant it jokingly but it hit a nerve, stepping back I grab my towel and wipe the sweat from my face. 

"What's going on with you? You and Amber refuse to tell anyone what happened to you"

"Because it's none of their business, or yours. Nothing can change what happened so just drop it" I yelled, 

"So something happened?" I turned and glared at him, hoping he would drop it. 

"Come on just tell me" he pushed, 

"No!" I growled. Grabbing my pants and walking out of the shed. 

"Lily" I looked over there are my four best friends, I can't get one moments peace or alone time, I know they mean well but I'm drowning. 

"Hey" I plaster a smile on my face and head towards them, 

"Been working out?" Mickey asked, 

"What gave it away?" I asked back, being a smart ass. 

"The greasy hair, the sweaty skin and the completely soaked clothes" Jeremy point out being a smart ass right back. I smiled, he was treating me the same as always and I loved him for it. 

"What are you guys doing?" 

"Alpha's got us training today, there's a war coming we need to be prepared" Quinn spoke and walked off towards the shed, 

"What's up with her?" I asked, 

"She hasn't been the same since Liana and then you got taken, it's just been a lot for her" I nod, I never really thought about how the others were effected and I looked at Alexis, she was studying me, she knew there was something off but I didn't want to tell her, not now and hopefully not ever, I don't want her getting hurt, I'm meant to protect my team, I'm going to be lead warrior soon and I need to keep them out of harms way. 

"What are you doing now?" she asks, 

"Going to have a shower and then going to talk to Holden" they seemed to buy it which was what I was hoping for. They didn't need to know about me going to see the prisoner, I was going to need to assert all my authority to get to see him but that is nothing new for me, for the future leader of the Defense Line I needed to be strong, tough and sometimes feared. 

After leaving my team to their practice I head off into the woods, towards the underground cellars we use for the pups who still turn under the influence of the fullmoon. I jumped down into a ditch and turn to face a door way. Opening it up I walk down the stairs that are a light with electrified light bulbs, the dank cellar was damp and smelly, and at the end of the long corridor was two guards. I waited until I was face to face with them to assert my authority, 

"I'm hear to see the prisoner, try and stop me and you might find yourself in a worse state then he" they look at each other before stepping aside and unlocking the door. 

I step into the room to see him chained to the wall, his shirt gone, gashes covering his body, blood and dirt mixed with sweat and tears, he looked and smelt horrible. He looked up at me and recognised me before his neck gave out and hefell again. 

"What does the infamous Lily want to see me about?" he asked, I walked over to him and crouched in front of him, his eyes only just met mine. 

"I'm hear on behalf of your brother" his eyes widened in shock, 

"What?" he asked, 

"I'm going to get you out of here". 

*                                *                                *

Late again I know! Sorry this took so long. I hope you like it...

xoxo