|59.Forlorn|

Aliyah

I shivered in the satin sheets as a morning breeze crept through the cracked window. Sleep beckoned for me as my eyes burned, but my body no longer felt comfortable enough to rest.

And I can thank Harry for that.

I've been having trouble sleeping without him since our first rendezvous. His warmth is unremarkably sheltering, and with every reason to hate him I still loved every detail about him.

"Harry?" I yawned out as I rolled over.

To my disappointment I got an empty bed. The curtains to the door and window were shut since I recalled us both falling asleep naked last night. We shared a bed for the first time in a while, and it felt nice (as expected), but I knew I'd regret that decision from the moment we laid down.

"Harry?" I yawned again, this time sitting up to stretch.

I noticed the faint glow of the morning sun peaking through the breezy curtains. I nimbly felt my way through the dark to the closet for a robe, tied it around myself, then yanked back the curtains.

There was no Harry, just a stunning sunrise and two stolid broad men. I pulled back the glass and stepped into the fresh morning air. I needed to inhale some to calm down the waves sloshing in my gut.

Which was already telling me that I was going to regret even waking up today. As beautiful as this sunrise looked- it'd be nice to be viewing it with someone I love.

"Fabian?" I asked one of the men on my way back in.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Have you seen Harry this morning?"

I caught a glimmer of a certain emotion flash on his face. I turn my observant levels up a notch when I'm questioning someone on an answer I want the truth to.

His tone confirmed my observations as pity seemed to lace his voice.

"Last time I saw him he was making you breakfast. It's waiting in the kitchen maam."

I flared my nostrils slightly, then nodded and said a curt thank you before heading back inside.

I went straight to the kitchen without a word. Didnt say or respond to the usual Goodmornings from the guys. I just continued silently , and inhaled the smell of food that got stronger as I neared the source.

When I entered the dining room I found a table full of some of my favorite breakfast items. From waffles, to French toast. From bacon to slices of ham. Even some fresh fruit in a bowl. Harry outdid himself, that's for sure.

In the center of the mouthwatering masterpiece sat a narrow red vase full of matching roses, and an envelope attached.

I snatched up a piece of bacon to munch on while opening the envelope. After the first few sentences, I regretted not reading it until after my tummy was full.

Dear My love,

I hope you enjoyed breakfast darling. You deserve nothing but the best all of the time.. something I keep failing to give to you. Something came up that I had to handle. A shipment of mine was tampered with, and I can't risk bringing you anywhere right now. I'm sorry Angel..I'll return as soon as possible, and I promise when all of this is over I'll give you the life you deserve.

Love, H.

I had no words, and even if I did, who would be willing to hear them?

"Get him on the phone," I demanded a guard.

I had no clue what Harry could be doing right now but I didn't care. He could be in the middle of a shoot out right now, and I'll still make sure the last thing he is reminded of is him disappointing me.

"He's In the middle of-"

"Did I stutter?" I cut off a guard.

If I contacted Harry off my phone there was a huge possibility that he wouldn't answer. He should be more than aware that he's guilty, and that emotion tends to make others avoid you.

"He won't answer unless it's an emergency miss."

"Then you better make up whatever excuse you need to , to get him in contact or so help me God."

I held my ground and wasn't budging until I saw him pull out his phone. I waited around for him to send a few texts, and sooner than later I heard the phone finally ring.

I grabbed it from him and raised it to my ear.

"Adam what happened? Is she alright?"

"Funny how you're asking everyone but me.." I answered.

Silence filled the line. All I could hear was some wind crackling through the speakers.

"You really do never get tired of lying.." my voice quivered.

"Aliyah you know it's not like th.."

"And there you go again!.. Harry I wanna go back I'd rather die with people that care about my emotions!" I expressed, tears streaming down my face.

I was reaching a point of insanity. Most women wouldn't understand my complaints. From everyone else's pov, I'm being kept safe and taken care of in a beautiful country. What they'll see as being pampered.

They don't know Harry though..and apparently I didn't either.

"You know I can't allow that."

"I'm telling my mom," I threatened like a child.

"When's the last time you've seen your phone?" He threw back.

It dawned me that I hadn't seen my phone since before our sex by the pool. The bastard always thinks three steps Ahead.

"I'll call her off this one."

"All my men's work phones can only contact me."

Make that several.

With no other plan in mind I felt my body boil with anger. I had no way of getting help, and leaving the villa unsupervised definitely wasn't happening.

"I hate you!" I stomped my foot and threw my fist down by my side.

"I love you more my dear."

"Go to hell."

"Only if you come with me.."

I flared my nostrils and got even more upset at the butterflies in my stomach. It left me with no choice but to hang up on him.

"Goodbye Harry."

"I love you, Aliyah."

And our call came to an end.