|40. Heat|

Long Chapter :,)

Aliyah

The week was going by well. I spent more time clearing my mind out on the mountains with my family, and evolving myself around them. I called Liz the other day and told her how Harry somehow managed to find me. She was just as shocked as I was and said I should run him over with one of the snow mobiles.

It was hard seeing him outside every once in a while. His stare was always on me, and it never fails to be intimidating, but I had to show he wasn't on my mind anymore.

I feel so upset with Harry because even after all the time we spent getting closer, he still put his reputation and others opinions before my feelings, and that's what bothered me the most.

Thursday finally rolled around and I couldn't have been happier. The aroma of a fresh turkey was practically suffocating, but mouthwatering at the same time.

My grandparents, mom, and Jen had been slaving their asses off in the kitchen, and the scent was calling my name.

When I awoke the clocked showed noon. Our sleep schedule adapted quick to thanksgiving break. We all stay up late and wake up even later.

I got dressed into an appropriate outfit. A pair of white jeans that hugged me nicely and a comfy brown sweater. I let my curls hang, and soon realized I had been a lot lately since I started working for Harry.

While getting ready I heard a Knock be placed on my door. "Come in!" I yelled from my connected bathroom.

"Ohh you look gorgeous," Jen complimented. I smiled at her. She was wearing some leggings and a tight long sleeve shirt that hugged her well-rounded belly. I  couldn't help myself from being obsessed with her pregnancy glow.

"I just came to see if you were up. We're gonna start eating at around three, but we need an extra hand to set the table and stuff. We have some extra seats today..." she threw in the last part.

"Don't tell me-"

"Yes Harry and his family are joining. Look it wasn't my idea Aliyah I-"

"I just don't understand. All the years we've been coming here to the mountains and he just happens to show up now." I complained.

"I know... it must suck spending a holiday with your boss."

"You don't even know the half..." I groaned, slamming my comb on to the counter.

"I um... I heard you two arguing the other day in the kitchen. What really happened Liyah? You can talk to me. Just between us." She stuck out her pinky and I knew holding in this whole mess would only hurt me some more. So I closed my room door and walked back over to Jen, hooking our pinky's together.

We then sat down and I explained everything that had been on my mind. Jen listened to every last bit and by the time I finished we both were almost in tears.

"So that's what you've been doing way on the other side of the country," we both giggled to lighten the mood.

"Well... do you want to hear what I think?" I nodded knowing any advice is better than none.

"Won't hurt anymore than it does now," I chuckled to hide the pain.

"I know you don't wanna hear this boo, but he cares for you-"

"Yeah right-"

"Let me finish." She warned. Her warm hands grabbed mine.

"He's hurt, hell sounds broken almost. I mean put yourself in his shoes. He's the sexiest man alive- wanted by almost every woman, and this man has put himself on a jet with his family to be near you. He has loads of stress on his shoulders and just doesn't wanna lose you. All I'm saying is...next time he wants to talk to you? maybe hear him out. It takes a lot for a man with so much pride to pack it away like that."

Jennifer had a point. I didn't even think of the situation in that way at all, and now almost felt bad for how rude I was to Harry..

"He never opens up, what if you're-"

"If I'm wrong about Harry then baby I'm sorry, but something's telling me in my gut you shouldn't just walk away. And screw what others think, whatever makes you happy is worth a shot," I nodded and gave Jen a huge hug.

"Promise you won't tell anyone else?"

"Sister code honey,"

We exchanged pinky's again with a smile and laugh.
-

I thought this thanksgiving was going to be terrible as soon as Harry stepped foot in the door. I kept replaying Jennifer's words and how I should talk to him, but I didn't have the courage to approach him first. Then I figured it was just best to leave the entire situation alone.

Harry's mom brought her famous casserole and it tasted like a slice of heaven. We all sat at the table as one and for once I wasn't awkward or acting weird. Mainly because my brothers just couldn't stop themselves from telling everyone my embarrassing ski stories.

"We all had to learn to ski at some point you assholes..." I muttered to myself, but I guess it was louder than I intended.

"Language!" my parents scolded. Meanwhile Harry's mom and sister were cracking up.

"Aliyah I didn't know you could ski until Harry told me about your race the other day. Maybe you could teach me before we leave. I can only will myself to the top of the mountains, but never go down." Gemma asked. She was so nice and sweet that I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh I'd love to, maybe tomorrow we could head to the beginners mountain. You and Tracy," I chuckled. Looking up across from me I noticed Harry smiling to himself. I couldn't pinpoint why he was, but I dusted it off and continued dinner.

-

The rest of the day was pretty splendid. Everyone was around drinking, watching football, listening to music, or just enjoying on  another's company. I was still avoiding Harry, but getting along well with Gemma and Anne quite nicely. Jennifer said it was a sign, and I assured her it was far from it.

The night continued and it was getting late, so Harry and his family finally returned home. My dad passed out drunk at around midnight in his man cave, along with the rest of my brothers.

Tracy was in a food induced coma in her room along with Jennifer. Her pregnancy knocked her out for hours.

My mom and grandparents went to sleep early since they stayed up most of the day cooking, leaving me up by myself. I tried to fall asleep but insomnia was taking over. It was nearing two am when i decided to just give up and go for a swim.

I changed out of my pj's and into my bikini, then wrapped a fuzzy robe around my body to keep me warm just until I got into the the water. Every lodge had a heated swimming pool. It would be close to crazy if you didn't.

Once inside the water I sighed. The lights installed helped me navigate through the water. I decided to swim a few laps back and forth to tire myself out some.

Once done I quickly transitioned from the pool to the hot tub that felt even better. The soup temperature water welcomed my body tenderly.

While resting my tight back against one of the jets I heard snow crunching. Someone was approaching me but since it was dark I couldn't see who. Finally Harry appeared, stepping onto the concrete and almost giving me a heart attack.

"Great..." I mumbled to myself.

Just.great.