|52. Lucifer|

Third person

Aliyah cautiously drove through the snow littered streets with a heavy mind. They were eerily empty thanks to the incoming snow storm. The city was enforcing a mandatory curfew since it was anticipating almost five more inches of fresh snow, almost engulfing the lively city.

With curfew being one am, Aliyah took her chances anyways and still persevered to Harry's home. She had no idea if he was there or not, but it'd help her sleep better at least knowing she tried.

As Aliyah drove through the almost empty streets, she replayed the last few months in her head. Three months was all it took to change her life completely. She realized time didn't determine love, which was something she'd always have for Harry. The two had a connection stronger than attracting magnets, and even when she wanted to deny it she couldn't.

Anxiety was the only thing keeping her gloomy eyes open. All she could worry about is what could be waiting for her there.

Aliyah had no clue where Harry could have been, but she kept driving anyways. She realized that she didn't think the plan all the way through as she sat outside the intimidating gates. Usually she was a passenger next to Harry, and Gordon easily let them in with a clicker.

Though now on her own she had to pray that a guard would let her in.

"Hi , here to see Harry Styles," Aliyah smiled to the brown-skinned woman.

Her badge shined threateningly under the dim buildings lighting. It made Aliyah gulp as she thought her chances of getting in were slim to none.

"Name?" She asked.

"Aliyah Moore."

The woman speedily typed Aliyah's name into the system. It was on the guest list, but not scheduled for today.

"I'm afraid you're not on the visiting list maam," the woman informed her.

She had recognized Aliyah from the tabloids and social media. She thought of her as an outstanding young woman, and could see the glimmer of tears in her brown eyes. Aliyah's face only dragged more as she went to put her car in reverse. Utterly defeated by a single sentence.

The woman had a bigger heart than others, and halted her before she could turn around.

"But for you... I didn't see a thing," she winked towards Aliyah.

Aliyah smiled gratefully, not being able to begin with how thankful she was. Luckily, her tear glossed eyes said it all.

"Have a nice night sweetie," the woman smiled before Aliyah drove off.

With the first obstacle cleared, she focused her thoughts on the second one. Almost every house in the neighborhood required people to enter through two gates. The main, and a private one on everyone's property.

It was a surprise to Aliyah as Harry's gates sat wide open. She slowly turned onto the cobblestone driveway and drove up the lengthy path. Gordon's familiar SUV was no where in sight. Just three expensive cars as black as night scattered out front.

Aliyah parked near the familiar Maserati that was slowly vanishing beneath the snow. She held herself tightly as she approached the front door. From a distance, the front door appeared to be shut, but when she stood in front of it she noticed the slight crack.

Carefully she pushed open the heavy doors with confusion. She made sure to make little to no noise as she closed it completely behind her.

The inviting aura Harry's home once possessed now felt eerie. The house was dead silent but all the lights were on. There was no smell of food, a thud from the upper levels, or even music playing.

Just complete and utter silence beside the sickening ring in Aliyah's ears.

She timidly walked through the foyer, not sure where to look first. The stairs were calling her name until she noticed a light from an empty hallway. It was the latch door to the basement  sitting wide open. She stared at the dim lighting that rose from the creepy entrance, not sure if she was dreaming or not.

She released the stair rail and quietly approached the basement door. With her lip between her teeth she chewed nervously. She played with her nails, anxiously picking at the skin so much it was starting to become raw.

As carefully as possible Aliyah slowly began to creak down the wooden steps. She was shocked that such worn down material was in Harry's home. The stairs creaked almost every step she took as she brushed the walls besides her for stability.

When she reached the bottom of the stair case she froze. Waiting for her at the bottom was a thick pool of blood. It puddled from a mans lifeless body on the ground, that was taken by a bullet straight between the eyes.

Aliyah's body began to tremble with fear as her eyes continued to wander the ground. Off to the side next to him was another man, but he was shot clean through the heart. Then lastly left two men flopped over each other like dead fish. Except the man on top had multiple bullet wounds littered across his back. Their black shirts were pierced in various places as the fresh wounds still leaked the crimson fluid.

The only body that held life besides her own was her lover standing right in front of her. His back was facing her as his head hung low. The gun in his hand still had a finger resting on the trigger as he breathed deeply to himself.

Aliyah was numbed completely by the surreal moment. Her trembling hands rose to her mouth. She was trying her hardest to hush her cries but to no avail. Harry had sensed her presence before she even entered the basement.

When he finally turned himself around to face Aliyah, she let out a quivering gasp.

Dried blood splatters stained his tan cheeks, and a gash under his right eye was in need of care. Even in all black clothing she could notice more blood on his being.

Her brain couldn't process the scene before her eyes. She always thought of Harry as the devil, until he furtively stole her heart. Then, he became her devil in sheep's wool.

But regret started mixing with her ensemble of emotions. Regret because he showed her who he was early on.

She just didn't take the hint.

Instead she cluelessly laid by a man that was a murderer, and in her mind probably much more.

Immense pressure filled Aliyah's head as she felt herself begin to relapse. The scene around her started to fade to white as she blinked a few times.

"Aliyah," Harry quickly set down the gun to run to her side.

He stepped into the vermilion pool and over the dead bodies like it was nothing. Like those men didn't once have a soul that he so vulgarly took.

Having Harry approach her was enough to do the trick. Her brain stopped functioning due to the intensified pressure as the white faded to black. Her lids grew heavy as her head began to fall back slightly.

Then reality finally slipped away,

and she knocked out cold.

_