|3. Interview time..|

Aliyah

It was the big day and to say I was nervous was an enormous understatement. My stomach felt like it was going to fall out of my ass at any second, and it had been that way since I woke up.

I finished my first class that I was completely zoned out of the entire time. My mom, Liz, dad, and brothers had all texted me words of encouragement that I definitely took to heart.

My leg bounced nervously as I waited in the lobby. There were of course other girls waiting as well. They all seemed just as nervous as me, but looked far older and more prepared for this job than I'll ever be. I even recognized some from campus.

My clammy hands laid flat against my skirt as the fabric soaked in my sweat. I mentally patted myself on the back for picking black. That way others couldn't see the buckets I was pouring. Though if I took off my jacket once my arm pits would expose just how nervous I actually was.

"Aliyah Moore?" The front desk clerk called out.

Everyone looked around to see who the 'lucky' person was this time, when I was anything but. I walked over to her with shaky legs but held my composure.

"Mr. styles will see you now. He is on the very top floor. Your ears may pop on the way up, and Trinity our other front desk assistant will help you from there," She informed, then gave me one last smile. I knew it was meant to be friendly, but I could sense the kick she got out of watching all our nerves rack. I thanked her anyways though trying my best to be polite before walking off.

I waltzed over to the elevator and waited for it to come down from its long journey of floors. A minute later I heard the ding, drawing me out of my trance. Dozens of people flooded out, including a blonde haired girl that looked to be the same age as me. She was silently sobbing to herself with mascara running down her flustered face, and her crumbled paper work was being used as tissues.

My heart dropped from its home in my chest to the souls of my feet.

The entire way up the elevator I had severe cotton mouth. It felt like I couldn't swallow anymore, and my legs were jelly.

My own thoughts were prowling me. Constantly saying that I couldn't do this interview.

Because I can't.

But it was too late.

The elevator was now empty and I was trapped in the box full of regrets. The ringing sound blared and I carefully stepped out onto the marble flooring. I continuously wiped my hands as I approached the desk and greeted Trinity as instructed.

"M-mr. styles' office?" My words weren't even a proper sentence. I sounded even more incompetent than I already looked.

I didn't even tell her my name for crying out loud!

"See those long pieces of glass honey?"

I watched my head nod in the reflection of the mirrors.

"That's his office. There are two golden handles that open the doors. He's waiting for you," Trinity guided.

She batted her long eyelashes as she handed me a small slit of paper. It had my check in information printed on it just to verify that I was an interviewee.

As I walked down the hallway the only thing I could hear was the thud of my heart and click of my heels. Now in front of the doors I couldn't even bring myself to open them. I just watched my terrified reflection in the glass. My mouth had not closed since my name was called, and my eyes were still wide.