|38. Anger|

Aliyah

Thanksgiving break started off pretty strong. My grandparents arrived safely, and it felt comforting to have the presence of my family around me. The weekend breezed by and it was finally Monday, meaning my mom, Jennifer, and grandparents would begin planning just how much food we'd be eating.

Though while they were in the warmth and comfort of the kitchen, my brothers, Tracy , my dad, and I were all out on the mountains. We usually always participated in skiing since it's one of the the main reasons why we all came up here.

"How are you guys so good at this?" Tracy asked in frustration. We weren't even skiing yet, just shuffling to the hills.

"We haven't even really moved yet babe relax," Mark tried to calm her down. Out of the three years her and my brother have been together, this is her first time where she considered skiing and went through with it.

"See you later losers," Justin flipped down his mask and went breezing through the snow. We started at a beginners mountain for Tracy's sake, but Justin wasn't feeling it.

"Tracy as much as I love you, I think I'm gonna try and catch up with Justin," I too was beginning to take off.

"Don't tell me you're a pro like your brothers," she groaned.

"Since I could walk I've been in skis, you got this T," I pushed myself off and picked up with the rapid pace of my brother.

-

It was around three when we all met up at the community lodge. We decided a snack and some hot cocoa was well needed. Our endurance also wasnt intact like it use to be, so we for sure needed the breather.

"I hated every last bit of that," Tracy groaned. We all bursted into laughter around her as we entered the warm atmosphere.

"You did pretty good for your first time," Trey complimented.

"Yeah no thanks to my sister that was supposed to help me," Tracy retorted.

"I promise I'll be more of use tomorrow." I chuckled

"Tomorrow?!" We laughed some more at her.

My dad ordered our coca that they made in no time. I dumped as many marshmallows as I could into my mug, my brothers doing the same. My dad looked at us in embarrassment with a small chuckle.

"You three are something else," he huffed while sipping his hot chocolate slowly.

We then proceeded to indulge in small talk and enjoy one another's company.

-

It was around five when the sun began setting. It's rays were beginning to hide behind the mountains, and it was only going to get colder than what it was now.

"Since you and Justin have been leaving me behind all day, I wanna see something," Tracy suggested.

"And what is that?" I questioned with my arms crossed; looking to Justin he was wondering the same thing.

"I suppose a race. Whoever loses has to..." Tracy began thinking of a punishment for Justin because I knew I wasn't going to lose.

"Run an entire lap around the lodge in their bathing suit." We both laughed and shook our head, then started the usual trash talk.

"Hope you have some cute trunks J," I laughed.

"Hope you packed a one piece sis," he talked his shit back.

"Give me a good ten minutes to get back. Your dad will sound off his gun when you guys can go."

"Deal, May the best sibling win bro," I shook Justin's glove covered hand.

"Whatever you say sis."

We watched Trey, my dad, Mark, and Tracy disappear down the slope and trees. I began mentally preparing myself for the race.

"You know you're not gonna win, right? I'll have a nice hot blanket ready for when you're done with your lap," Justin teased. I tuned out his trash talk and tightened the straps on my skis.

"Whatever you say Justin," I snorted.

The ten minute mark was nearing, and at any second our dad's gun was bound to go off. We sat at the top of the slope waiting impatiently, twitching at the slightest sound. About thirty seconds later we finally heard it, and off we went.

My adrenaline rushed vigorously through out my body as it pulsed my every move. I could hear the rustling of Justin next to me and the trees fly past me. I smoothly swerved through them, careful of any branches. My only focus was reaching the clearing, win or lose.

About a minute later I could see the lodge and my family awaiting our incoming arrival. I could hear Justin right on my trail so I picked up even more speed. With the quickest push I could muster I felt myself approaching the lodge extremely fast. In a matter of seconds I flew past my cheering brothers and in laws, safely swerving towards the back yard. A couple of seconds later Justin came flowing in right after me.

"No fair!" Were the first words I heard from Justin once we finally were halted.

"It was a fair race Justin. You lost," I panted.

"You cheated!"

"Sore loser." I scoffed.

I removed my skis and laid them on the side of the house as i began walking towards the front. Justin was hot on my trail, still bitching.

While coming up the side of the house I listened to their chatter. I heard a new yet familiar voice, one that I could easily decipher in a crowd but didn't want to face.

"Justin, shut up," he continued jabbering.

"Shh!" I hushed. When I peaked around the corner again the sight almost made me empty my stomach into the snow.

"That's one hell of a race they had," Said Harry himself.

"Aliyah! I knew you'd win, Justin sucks at everything," Mark congratulated once he saw me peaking. I instantly cringed as I lost all courage to round the corner.

"Mark stop," I begged backing away from his open arms. It caught everyone's attention including Harry's as he looked over to me, but I was already making my escape route.

"Why what's wrong? Oh your boss saw you win by the way, isnt that cool?" Mark and Justin made this sound like a good thing when in reality I was filled with rage.

"What the hell is he doing here here?!" I whisper yelled once we were out of sight on the side.

"Him and his family stay in the lodge next to ours. He just came over to speak to dad that's all," I shook my head in disbelief. This couldn't be happening.

But with my luck apparently anything is possible.

"I- is the back door unlocked?" I asked already dry heaving.

"Why? Are you okay?" Mark could see the color draining from my face. Justin as well as they each grabbed my arms to help my stumbling.

"I think I'm gonna be sick-" I couldn't even finish my sentence. All the contents of my stomach went flying into the snow. Staining it's pure white with a yucky yellow.

My horrid retching grabbed everyone else's attention. All I heard were daunting footsteps as they ran to see who was making the sound.

"Aliyah? Baby are you alright?" When I wiped my mouth and turned around not only was my dad pacing toward me, but Harry as well.

"I- I need to lay down." I made my break through and ran past all of them. Tears were clouding my vision and I didn't want to be seen by anyone else.

Bursting through the front door and past my mom I ran all the
way up to the room. I slammed the door behind me And locked it, falling into bed with tears running down my face. I was upset with myself for letting my emotions get the best of me.. again.

I didn't expect to have to deal with Harry so soon. Especially during a time I wanted to myself.

My versatile feelings all rooted from one emotion, and that was anger.

Anger does what anger wants.