|25. Walk of shame|

Aliyah

When we arrived back at the dorms I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. I got out of the jet black suv that we usually rode in, that grabbed everyone's attention anywhere we went. It was around three in the afternoon when I got back, the time campus is mostly busy.

Harry wouldn't let me go home in the clothes I wore to sleep or last nights dress, saying how tacky that would look. So he gave me one of his gray Champion sweat suits. The baggy clothing wrapped me in a comfortable swaddle of warmth. I didn't have any spare undergarments either and only wore his boxers under it. I also didn't have any shoes besides heels, so I had to wear a pair of his way too big socks with my heels in my hand.

Every girl on campus looked at me sideways. Word got around that I worked for Harry, and I knew they were curious as to why I was in his clothes. There isn't a doubt in my mind that every girl thought I slept with Harry.

I quickly pulled out my keys and entered our room to find Liz. Her eyes widened when I walked and her jaw dropped.

"You have so much explaining to do." She firmly said. No 'hi', no 'glad you're safe'.

"Liz not now," I sighed.

"You didn't text or call me last night, then come back in Mr. Hotties clothes? You're explaining."

Liz is my best friend, but sometimes she's just flat out aggravating. She never waited for me to tell her when I'm ready. It's always on her time. I loved her to death, but there's just some things I didn't want her to know. She demanded it out of me like a mom!

"Liz I'm tired can I just take a nap first-"

"Unh unh, no way sist-"

"Liz damnit just pop out my ass for a second!" I snapped.

My nerves were on end and fatigue started kicking my ass. Not only that but my phone was still dead, and I was far from being ready to see what people could be saying about Harry and I... especially Emanuel.

So many things began piling on my plate at once. I loved Liz with all of my heart, and already felt shitty for snapping on her. I just needed her to shut up for one second so I could get myself together.

"Whatever Aliyah," she seethed as she threw her covers off of her. She searched around for her shoes ready to leave.

"Liz Wait-"

"No, I get it. You're too big now for me. Don't worry," She said with a wobbly voice, and slammed the door behind her.

I sighed falling into my bed. I felt like the shittiest person on the planet as guilt began eating away at me.

"Fuck it," I huffed to myself. Digging through my things I find my phone to plug in. Still in Harry's clothes I snuggled under the covers and prayed everything would be okay when I woke up.

-

My hopes and prayers were crushed when I woke up to it being close to eight. My phone had successfully charged and my head was pounding, so I ate a quick snack then popped a Tylenol.

While I slept my phone blew up with messages and calls from Emanuel and my mother. Not only that, but my twitter notifications were on fire.

I had recently looked into the app with everything going on between me and Harry. It's a large and diverse platform, and huge on hot celeb gossip. I knew better than to care for others opinions, but my curiosity got the best of me and ended up there.

"Fuck..." I sighed deciding who to call first, holding off on Twitter. My mom and Emanuel were both two people I didn't wanna face, but I just wanted to get it out of the way.

I called my mom first.

I timidly waited for the line to pick up. A couple of seconds later it did and I regretted not using those dreadful rings to gather my thoughts.

"Oh baby, you never call your mother anymore," is the first thing she complains about.

"I know mom... I'm sorry..." just hearing her voice, the guilt eating me alive, and all of this sudden stress caused tears to rise to my eyes, and a lump in my throat. I usually am never emotional, so I blamed it on my period around the corner.

"Oh honey it's fine, are you okay? You sound upset."

I broke down as she listened to my mumbling through the sobs, trying to calm me down.

After a couple of minutes I finally caught my breath and pulled myself together. The line was silent between us, just my sniffles and my mom's breathing.

"What's going on with you ?" She asked, sadness in her voice.

"Mom, I should've never taken this job. There's just so many things I'm not use to yet and it's all catching up to me."

"Sweetheart, can I be honest with you?"

"Of course."

"I wouldn't tell you to do something If I know you're not capable of it. I don't know if it's the work Harry gives you or what, but I know that whatever it is you can overcome it." Little does she know it's not the work at all anymore.

"It's actually... it's actually guy trouble this time mom..." I admit embarrassed.

"I was moving on to that. You're lucky your father is off at work because he's furious. You know how protective he is. They're already releasing the pictures from today of you in his clothes and the ones of where I believe you look...drunk? We're not going to discuss that right now though..." I felt like a little girl being scolded by my mother, because I was.

Why did I think I could keep up with the pace of Harry's life?

Yeah we matched statuses wealth wise, but what he's use to and what I'm use to landed on two different ends of the spectrum.

"Honey I'm not trying to get on to you, I promise. As your mother, it's just me seeing you grow up. Becoming the gorgeous, wise, and capable woman I know you are, now your father... I'll handle him. Have fun while you're young sweetie, just be safe. I'm not going to question what's going on with you and Harry, or this other guy I've seen you with- oh and tell me about him later."

"Oh I will mom," I laughed.

"I just want you to be okay with every decision you make baby girl. If you're going to go after something, or someone, do it with confidence. Never doubt yourself baby-love. Just next time I'd rather you send me pictures of you two than the tabloids," my mom instantly took the pressure off of my chest. She always knew how to calm me down.

"Thanks mom, I'm sorry for not calling you sooner. I love you and can't wait to see you all again."

"I love you more, and you will soon. Call me again when you get everything figured out- oh and you and Harry look great next to each other." I rolled my eyes.

He won everyone over. It must be that damn charm of his.

"Thanks mom, I will."

We said our goodbyes before hanging up. I texted Liz since she still wasn't back yet. Then I texted Emanuel that we should have lunch Tomorrow. I just continued my hopes and prayers that everything would work itself out.