|49. Wary|

Aliyah

The next morning I didn't wake up the way I fell asleep. There was a tight hold around my waist as small snores fanned my ear. Overwhelming warmth of another persons presence was pressed against my back side.

I sighed, content that Harry was finally in bed, but after the fact of the matter. The freezing weather looked surprisingly peaceful through the ajar curtains. I simply gazed at the snow fall in thought until Harry finally began stirring.

He didn't wake up, but his grip loosened just enough for me to slip out. I gracefully slid out of bed, making sure he didn't wake up. As I stared at his angelic features my heart clenched.

His messy curls laid sprawled around him as he nestled into the ivory pillow. The healthy eyelashes on his lids would twitch slightly, reacting to whatever was going on in his dream.

My full bladder threatened to spill, ruining the moment. All I wanted to do was climb back in bed next to him and trace the artwork across his frame. But instead I controlled myself and quietly stepped into his bathroom.

As I released myself on the toilet, I quickly glanced around his bathroom. I didn't expect to find anything new since I had been in there before. Though when my eyes raced past the full hamper I did a double take.

It was so small that I myself was shocked when I noticed it. Sticking out of the overflowing hamper was the sleeve to a white dress shirt. I would have paid it no mind, if I didn't see little red stains on the wrist part.

I quickly cleaned myself up but didn't flush the toilet so it wouldn't wake Harry. My eyes stayed locked on the stained clothing as I nervously approached the basket.

With shaky fingers I flipped the lid up, and almost passed out.

The faint metallic smell of blood whiffed up into my nostrils, alone with a sweet scent that could have been perfume. I gulped thickly as my stomach churned.

Anger and fear were clashing in my brain as I decided which one I felt more of. I snatched the shirt from the pile, and to my dismay there were even more stains.

Splattered across the shirt in my hands was blood. My mouth was ajar as my trembling hands dropped the clothing back in its place.

I wanted to process my discovery but there was no time. I could hear Harry's faint grumbling and him stirring in the sheets. Shortly after his faint foot steps started making their way towards the bathroom.

Instead of being the scared idiot I tended to be I moved quick. I pushed the sight to the back of my mind as I stuffed the clothes in the hamper properly. As soon as I flushed the toilet the bathroom door flew open.

"There you are," harry smiled.

I smiled faintly back, making minimum eye contact with him. Harry's eyes alone held a power stronger than any physical strength he could ever posses. They'd break me before anything else even got the chance.

As I washed my hands he stood behind me. It took a lot out of me not to flinch when he wrapped his arms around my waist, and even more when he pecked my temple.

"Im sorry again for leaving you alone last night angel," he rasped, kissing my lobe gently.

My stupid knees locked up again as I leaned into his touch while drying off my hands. It pained me to think about the possible things Harry could be up to. Especially when I yearned for his touch every second of the day.

"It's fine Harry.. you're here now," I reassured, patting his arm lightly.

He smiled at me in the mirror before letting go to walk over to the toilet. I left him to do his thing so I could catch my breath. I had been holding in a threatening panic attack since finding the shirt.