|4. Waffle house junkies|

Aliyah

Dashing up the stairs of the dormitory I almost rip the stupid pencil skirt I was constricted in. My adrenaline pumped too much to take the unreliable elevators so I chose the stairs for a quick exercise. In short breaths I unlocked our door and burst through with excitement.

"You got the job?!" Liz shot up.

"I got the job!"

We both screamed definitely disturbing whoever was having a mid day nap next door. We wrapped our arms around one another in a hug while jumping around in circles. Also disturbing whoever could be below us.

"Oh my gosh! We have to celebrate!" Liz exclaimed.

"Waffle House?" I suggested.

"Yes!" She agreed to our favorite inexpensive restaurant.

We both changed into comfortable sweat pants and crop tops. I grabbed a jacket as well because the weather a cool fall front came in the previous night. Waffle House has always been my favorite restaurant. People never understood why though because I was considered 'rich', but who cares? You can indulge in fattening food for cheap and look however you want without judgement. If anything, expensive restaurants were just more of a hassle. People pay top dollar to eat a meal the size of an appetizer in the tightest clothing they own.

"I need to be out buying different work clothes. Can you believe he told me my pencil skirt was a no?" We both laughed.

"The man is a fashion icon. He models on the side. Something else to add onto how sexy he is. You're so lucky you get to see him everyday now," Liz daydreamed with a twinge of envy, but I just shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm kind of nervous, he's pretty rude. It was kind of like he didn't want to hire me..."

I could see Liz roll her eyes out of my peripheral vision.

"Oh please. At least you found a job. Meanwhile I have four days left-And nothing!" she said in distress.

I felt bad for Liz but yet again- I knew she'd get it together. That's Elizabeth Bishop for you. Professional procrastination at its finest.

We pulled into Waffle House happily exiting my car like giddy little children and enjoyed our dinner for the evening.

-

"So what are you gonna wear to work tomorrow then?" Liz asked me as we laid in our bed's with bloated bellies. Our gassing food babies were about to put us straight to sleep.

"I don't know. I have a black and white outfit like the one i wore yesterday. But the skirt is mid thigh... " I said a bit skeptical.

I wobbled over to my closet like a pregnant woman because technically I was pregnant... with Waffle Houses' baby.

I hastily dug through my clothes and found the outfit quickly due to the limited room of the dorm closet.

"That's cute- wear it," Liz said plain and and simple.

I was too full and tired to second guess it any longer so I agreed on the look. Liz threw in a dirty comment about how it'll drive Mr. Styles crazy and I'll come home with a 'limp' tomorrow.

"Why is your mind so filthy? You're as bad as my brothers," I shook my head and heaved myself back into bed.

"Speaking of your brothers, how's the youngest one? What's his name-"

"No, you are not screwing Justin, Liz!" I yelled, throwing one of my decor pillows at her.

She shielded herself by catching it then throwing it back. Only for it to bounce off of my head and land on the floor with a small thud.