Opening Ceremony!

Soon after I had calmed down, I made my way out of Technos arms.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"No problem. It happens to the best of us." He replied awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked around at where our friend group used to be. They had dispersed.

"Tiff?" I called out. She made her way over from around the corner.

"Oh my lord! I leave you for one second and your in tears." She smiled softly.

"Heh. Claustrophobia. Am I right?" I chuckled, wiping my eyes with my sweatshirt sleeves.

"Let's get you back to the lounge and get you cleaned up." She grabbed my hand and started tugging me through the path we took before. A bunch more people had arrived since we walked through before.

Walking through the grey doors passed Jeff and Craig, down the hall, and into the room with my name on it.

I walked over to the desk with the makeup lights taking a makeup wipe that was in a basket to the side and wiped off all my ruined makeup.

I started digging through my small bag to find my backup makeup when Tiffany realized what I was doing.

"A makeup team will be here in a few moments to get you fixed up for stage and stuff." She spoke then went back to doing something on her phone.

"Oh. Ok." I replied. I got up and walked over to the endless supply of water bottles on the other side of the room.

——

After about 5 minutes of waiting, we heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Tiff yelled. Soon enough, two people came in. Each had a few boxes of makeup.

"My name is Micky and this is my trainee Steph." One of the two people who walked spoke.

"Can I have your pronouns so I don't accidentally misgender?" I asked.

"Awe! Your sweet. I'm He/him." Micky spoke.

"She/her." Steph smiled and continued to set up all the tools they would be using.

——

After about 40 minutes of Micky and Steph fretting over my makeup, they had finally finished.

I. looked. Hot.

The colors they had picked were natural and made my face pop!

"Thank you so much!" I yelled quickly getting out of the chair to hug both of them. They hugged back.

"We will be doing your makeup all week!" Steph exclaimed. They quickly packed up their stuff and put it in the corner next to the desk.

"Go rock it girlie! You'll do great." Micky smiled big.

"You ready? We need to get you to the opening." Tiff spoke looking at her watch. I nodded and followed her out the door. We walked passed the grey doors to the floor and strait to a sort of grand opening.

Covering the front doors were a giant red ribbon. Behind the ribbon were all the creators and a few higher ups in Twitch. Tiff quickly pushed me through the crowd up to the front with Emmet Shear, the CEO of Twitch.

"Hello y/n! He spoke joyfully. "I'm super happy to finally meet you!"

"You too Mr. Shear." I replied politely shaking his hand.

"Please. Call me Emmet! You are the vip!" He joked. I gave a small light laugh.

"I'm going to do an opening speech and announce you as the VIP. Then hand you some scissors to cut the ribbon, count down from three, cut the ribbon, then you have like, 5 minutes to get to your booth for signing and selling of merch and stuff." He rambled. I nodded.

"Ready?" He asked looking to all the creators behind me. They gave a little shout.

The front doors soon opened having people fill into the lobby behind the ribbon. Reporters, media, fans, parents, and lots of other people.

After about three minutes, Emmet was handed a Microphone.

"Good morning! Welcome to the first day of Twitch Con! I am Emmet Shear! The CEO of this wonderful company who have brought together people from far and wide!" He paused for a moment hearing applause.

"This year is a special year because we have a VIP Content Creator!" He yelled.

"Meet Y/ndoesstuff! She currently has the most twitch followers on the platform! She has grown so much in the past month! Let's all give her a cheer!" The crowd went crazy! I started blushing deeply pulling on the sleeves of my sweatshirt.

I was quickly handed a pair of scissors to cut the ribbon to open the con.
"On the count of three!"

"One"

"Two"

"Three!" Everyone yelled. I stepped forwards and cut the ribbon earning a large cheer from the crowd.

"Alright! We will start letting you beautiful people in in around five minutes so stay tuned!" Emmet yelled. He turned the microphone off and put his hand out for the scissors.
I quickly put them in his hand. Then got swept away by Tiffany who started waking me to my booth.

We had walked to the back where the creators booths were. I was conveniently set up next to none other then Mr. Soot himself.

"When were you going to tell me you were a VIP creator." He chuckled.

"I only found out this morning when I got raked away from the group. I have a lounge for me and whoever I want." I replied. He chuckled.

Soon the noise in the room started ramping up telling us that the public had been let in. We both moved into our separate booths getting ready for hundreds of photos and signatures.

I had a huge line of people buying the merch I had on my table, shelves, and boxes behind me. There were sweatshirts, t-shirts, posters, keychains, backpacks, and a bunch of other things.

Soon enough the first gift was given to me.

A young girl around the age of 10 had gifted me a crocheted lion which looked like Simba from the lion king.

I had walked out from behind my booth to give her a hug. It was so sweet! I was tearing up. Her mother asked if we could get a photo and I accepted. Obviously I was going to give this girl a photo. She was my favorite fan I had met today so far!

The plush had sat on the shelf behind me along with all the other gifts I had been gifted.

————

:D