Love?

After we got home from the hospital, we decided to go to sleep. It had been a long day.

"Night Wilbur. I love you bubs." I mumbled from the crook of his neck. We had gotten into bed a few minuets ago and just cuddled. Some light music was playing from my phone.

"Night love. I hope you know that I really love you. Like so much." I sat up and looked into his eyes. He sat up a few seconds after. I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned in.

Our lips met after a second. The kiss was unlike any other, and had shared lots of kisses. This kiss was full with so much love that my stomach and heart were full.

We sat there for who knows how long. My hand stayed on his cheek, his hands around my waist. It was so romantic. The lights off, music in the background. It was everything and more.

After we pulled away we hugged. Heads snuggled in each others necks. Nothing more.

"I'm going to marry you one day." Wilbur whispered. My face grew red.

"I'd like to see that." I mumbled. We both leaned back on the onto the mattress untangled in each others arms and stayed like that till morning. Even long into the morning we stayed like that.

———

"Hey stream!" I spoke out. I wasn't as loud as normal. Wilbur was on an important call in the next room over.

"How's everyone doing?" I asked while leaning back into my chair. Chat started zooming by even faster then usual to answer the question.

"Today's going to be a chill stream. Just listening to music and answering questions. Maybe get my ass beat in chess against a bot. Who knows what will happen." I looked out the window at the birdhouses hanging on the tree.

I zoned back into the stream once a text to talk came up.

"What are you looking at streamerchan?"

"Oh! Sorry. I was looking at Wills and my bird houses. I filled the feeder this morning so birds are swarming it." I replied.

"How is Wilbur?"

"Well. After he fell out of that dang tree, he sprained his wrist. So the dummy is stuck in a splint for a while." I chuckled thinking back to the memory. "We spent the evening last night in the ER." The chat started soaking hearts and well wished for Wilbur.

"Thanks guys, galls, and non-binary pals." I smiled. "Alright. Chess?"

———

Half way through my 3rd game I heard a whisper.

"Move your queen there." And with that voice a finger pointed at the screen.

"Hey will." I smiled looking up and seeing the man of my dreams.

"Hey love." He looked down. I lifted myself up a tiny bit to peck his lips. Chat started spamming cute things or throwing up emojis.

"Oi. Shut up chat. I'm in love here." Wilbur chuckled.

"In love huh?"

"Yeah. What you gunna do about it." I replied.

"I don't know. Guess we have to find out later." He spoke suggestively. I chuckled and looked back to the screen.

After about an hour more of chess and banter between will and I, we ended the stream.

"Hey. Go put something niceish on." Wilbur spoke after kissing my cheek.

"Niceish?" I replied.

"Like that summer dress you got in California."

"Ok I guess." I got up out of my seat stretching. Walking over to our room and entering. I walked over to the closet and looked for the dress. After a minuet I found it and quickly put it on along with some sandals.

"Where are we going?" I asked while putting earrings in.

"That my dear is a surprise." Wilbur replied. I looked up to see him in some nice jeans and a button up.

"You look nice." I complemented.

"You look even better." He walked up and placed his arms around me, kissing the top of my head. "You ready to go?"

"Yep." We walked out hand in hand.

———

After a car ride filled with music, singing, and light conversation, we arrived at a small restaurant.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Bello Italiano." He replied.

"Sounds Italian." I joked.

"No really?" He said sarcastically. We chuckled at each other and headed in.

"Table for Soot."

"Right this way." The hostess spoke leading us to a table.

"This place is cute." I whispered to Will as we walked to our table.

"It is." He replied.

We sat at a small table near the side of the main area.

"Hi! I'm Marie and I'll be your waitress for this evening. Can I start you off with any drinks?"

"I'll have a water." Will ordered.

"I'll have one as well."

"Alright! I'll get those out for you!" He replied and walked off.

Wilbur grabbed my hands gently holding them.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" He asked.

"Multiple times actually." We chuckled. Soon enough our waitress came back with waters and took our orders then dashed off to help someone else.

"I got you something." Wilbur spoke reaching to get something from his pocket.

"Oh?" I replied.

He pulled out a small box and passed it over to me. I stared at it for a moment before slowly opening it. Inside was a small band with little gems on it. Inscribed on the inside were the words, 'I promise to love you.'

"It's a promise ring. I had so much love I didn't know what to do with it all, so I put a bunch of it here." He spoke.  My eyes started to water. Rubbed them before tears came out. I quickly took it out of the box and placed it on my left ring finger.

"Will- I don't know what to say. I love you so much." I grabbed his hands noticing one on his finger.  I lifted his hand and kissed where his ring was.

"We are totally getting married one day." I chuckled while Wilbur kissed my hand with a smile.

———————————

Ahh! I'm sorry this took so long! I've had a very long summer. I went to visit my sister in California, then two days later went to Florida with a bunch of friends, then was home for two weeks in which my mom and I scrubbed the house top to bottom. I also just hit affiliate on twitch. Then I met an online friend in person for the first time and he is staying with me for three weeks. Yesterday was my birthday. Woop woop! We have been doing lots of things together. I finally have time right now to write things. At... 2 am! So yeah. I also have to look into college classes for the fall which will be a pain. So I'll try and post as much as I can, but I can't promise to post as much as I did in the beginning.

Eat some water and drink some food!

I hope you all are safe and if you need to talk to someone I'm one dm away!