Chapter 40

Ryan's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. I felt around for my phone, I saw that I had a text from Dave. Saying that he was at the trap and to get ready because we're going on a family trip to Cancun.

He really going all out for the holiday. I got up taking care of my personal hygienes. I went to go check on Nova, she wasn't in her room. So I went downstairs she was on the couch with my sister.

"GoodMorning" I said to my sister grabbing Nova showing her some love
"GoodMorning, momma feed her already"
"Okay, where she at?"
"She took your car and went to the store"
"Okay, go pack your clothes we going on a trip"
"We already did Dave told us this morning before he left"
"Damn I guess I need to go pack. Here watch her while I go pack please"

I gave her a kiss and went back upstairs. I started packing our clothes , since Dave didn't have nothing pack.

I grabbed my phone to ft Jayda. She answered on the Third ring.

"GoodMorning stink, I need you to come do my hair."
"Well GoodMorning to you also" she said causing me to laugh
"Sorry it's just that Dave just now telling me about this trip we suppose to leave at 3"
"I know Jordan told me this morning as well. I'll just do your hair while we done there"
"So you going tooo YESSS WE FINNA BE LIT BITCH"

After packing I took a shower and got Nova ready, and took the bags to the front door, so Dave can just grab them when he come. Somebody made a groupchat with all of us that was going.

We decided to just meet up at the airport. It was going on 2 and Dave still wasn't here. So I'm going to call him, he answered on the 3rd ring.

Phone Conversation

"Hey, baby wssp y'all already?"
"Yes, we packed and ready just waiting on you, where you at"
"I'm handling last minute stuff with work, so I wouldn't have to deal with it over vacation."
"Okay well what time you going to be here? Because we need to start heading to the airport?"
"Just gone and go to the airport, I'm going to take a later flight I won't be done till about 5"
"Really Dave, that shit can't wait?"
"Baby if I leave now, work is going to fuck up our trip and I don't want that"
"Whatever Dave, what time will your flight be getting to Cancun?"
"Around 11pm, just leave my bag at the house, and I'll see you when I get there"
"Okay, I love you and be safe please"
"I love you more, I'm sending security with y'all and kiss my baby for me."
"Okay" I said before hanging up

Dave POV: a couple hours later

I had just drop some money off at the trap getting ready to leave to, head to the airport me and Jordan.

"Aye Jordan can you lock the inventory room for me?"
"Yea I got it"
"Alright imma be inna car, got a missed call from Ryan"
"Alright"

I walked out going to my car just as I was finna open my door, I heard something call my name.

"I heard you was looking for me" Tony said coming from out the bushes."

Before I come even grab my gun he had started shooting. I felt my arm get hit, just as I  pulled my gun out he shot me in the chest and everything went black.

Jordan POV:
I ran outside hearing gun shoot go off, when I got outside a black car was speeding down the street. I didn't see Dave so I gun to the drive side and there he was laying on the gun lifeless.

Other niggas from the trap came running outside.

"COME FUCKING HELP ME PUT HIM INNA CAR HE GOT HIT"

We got him in the car and I sped off to the hospital.
"FUCK FUCK" I said hitting the wheel
"Hurry up he losing too much blood and he ain't responding"

Once we got to the hospital they took him back, we had to wait in the waiting room. How tf I let his happen. I tried calling Ryan but her phone with str8 to voicemail, so did Jayda and his momma. They must still be on the plane, so I texted Ryan, hoping she'll get the text.

Ryan POV:

We had just got off the plane and was going to get our bags. I grabbed my phone out my purse turning it on. Soon it came on I had tons of missed called and texting him Jordan. I instantly got worried. Before I could even call him back I read his text.

"CALL ME ASAP SIS DAVE GOT SHOT" I read before dropping my phone.

THE END. There will be a book 2