Chapter 1

Ryan laid in bed on on FaceTime with her bestie Jayda while they both watched Riverdale. Ryan phone lit up with a text her her boss.

Boss🙄: Can you come in today ?
Ryan😊: On my off day again 🤦🏽‍♀️.
Boss🙄: please it's been a huge shoot out and we need all hands on deck.
Ryan😊: I'll be there.

I told Jayda I had to work so I'll call her later. I rolled out of bed and went to get ready, after about 30 minutes I was finally ready. I locked my house up, and walked out to my 2019 Kia stringer. Which was a gift from my ex hoping I'll forgive him for cheating, but nope I just kept the car and blocked his dumb ass.

It took me 30 minutes to get to work I parked my car and hopped out going into the build.

"Thank you so much for coming in." Chris my boss said

"You're welcome chris." I said while rolling my eyes.

I went to my station and looked at my computer to see who I had tonight. Walking to room 205, I looked down at my chart is said Dave East. I walked in to was about 10 people in there.

"Hello I'm Nurse Smith I'll be your nurse."
"Damn she bad asf." Some light skinned boy said
"Well thanks." I said
"Dude hush." A guy said I'm guessing was Dave since he was in the hospital bed.
"I'm going to need everybody to step out for a second." I said

Everybody started to dap him up and say their goodbyes while others just walked out to the hall to wait.

"Okay Dave I'm going to check your vitals." I said
"Already ma." Dave said
I rolled my eyes, and he laughed
"My bad Ms. Smith I guess you don't like that huh?" Dave said
"Nah just like to keep it professional." I said

I wrote down everything on my chat. And for him to got shot 5 times everything actually looked good.

"Dave so I'll bring you your discharge paper, then you are free to go." I said
"Thanks Ms. Smith" Dave said

As I was walking out Dave said "you gotta man."
I turned around and said "That's nun of your business ."

He smile and said "I can respect that but thanks Ma"
"No problem Dave take care and take it easy it's gone be a while before you heal." I said

"I hear you." Dave said