Chapter 22 Wondering within woods

hello wonderful readers! I just wanted to say thank you for reading and your support! This book has gotten so much further then I would've thought. It's gotten so much attention. I'm so glad that so many of you Watty readers are enjoying it!

Chapter 22 wondering within woods

Sleep came easy to me that night. It was somewhat comforting to know that I had someone looking out for me. Even though I had that information the night before. I slept soundly and woke up relatively early. I managed to see the orange skies as the sun came over the top of the trees.

I still wasn't too excited about the food selections I had brought with me, they were boring and dry but they were lovely when I was hungry. Therefore my breakfast was nothing to complain about. It was Porridge, once again. It was something which I wasn't too fond of in day to day life , I wouldn't usually reach for it if there were other options. Today it was so sweet and the flavor was something which I wanted to savour.

Today was going to be a long day. I thought as I looked forward into the trees. It was not long until I got lost in them. I was somewhat dreading it, I know that Ralph would have to come and get me at some point or another, telling me that he was right about the fact I couldn't get back by myself. I put it off for as long as I physically could, that was not long as I was eager to get back.

I sorted my food and tent out and then I started to go in a random direction. I was sure that it was the right direction. I had thoughts of the event last night rather clear in my mind. I was able to see exactly where we were when I was told such fascinating and scary news. I had a lot of time to think about what I wanted. I know that I didn't want to be away from Ralph either, he seemed like a good person. I had to have a rather strict talk with myself last night about how attractive he was. I wanted to make this work.

I wanted to see how this would work, I didn't really think about the supernatural pull which could come as a result of the soulmate bond, I didn't want to. I wanted to believe that it would be just like any other normal relationship where one of them just so happened to turn into a wolf.

I started to walk slowly, I was looking around at all of the nature which surrounded me. No matter how much time I spent out here, I was able to take in more nature the next. It seemed that nothing changed yet everything changed at once. Nothing stayed the same and yet there were familiar shades of green and brown. Birds moved from tree to tree, branches fell and leaves changed colour, if you looked close enough.

It seemed familiar but there were moments which felt like I was completely lost or seeing a place for the first time, whenever that happened I moved slightly, going back to where I felt familiar. I could feel eyes on me. I didn't feel threatened or on edge. I felt protected, if not a little bit embarrassed.

I noticed a few landmarks which were familiar to me. Like a certain tree which had fallen over or a rather large rock. I still didn't reach the packhouse after about an hour of walking, I was sure I had walked in circles.I don't know if I should be grateful about the fact that I didn't pass my campsite. I could just say that I went for an early walk and intended to go back. I doubted that I would be very convincing.

I sat down on a rather large stone and took my bottle out of my bag. It was pleasant to just sit there and look around. It was nice to listen to the birds and see what nature there was. There were a lot of bugs, which didn't bother me but they didn't please me at the same time.

"Lost already?" Came a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a shirtless Ralph walking towards me. He had his hair down and it was rather messy. I had to stop myself from trailing my eyes down his chest. It didn't help my cause when he crossed his arms."given up?" He had a twinkle of mischief in his eye, I noticed that was a regular look.

"That easily? Never!"I tried my very best to brush it off and sound as though my task wasn't completely hopeless. "I just wanted a tour of the...entire forest." My arms weakly fell beside me as I sighed. "Alright...I give up a little bit" We shared a chuckle and I stood up, I dusted myself down and nodded towards him. I put my bag on my shoulder and gestured for him to lead the way.

He started heading in the direction which we had come from which caused my cheeks to turn red in slight embarrassment. I was sure that the red hue would be permanent on my cheeks. We made small talk as we made it back to the packhouse. Apparently he had a few chores to do today as well.

It was something which I felt comforting. It was an everyday language which is used commonly. There was no talk of patrol or phasing. I was happy at that moment. It was a usual and regular day without anything bad or unusual happening.

"so..."Ralph trailed off slightly. "Tempest, Abilene and Melina have all got together and want to know if you're staying over for dinner tonight." His nervousness was back and he didn't make eye contact. I thought that would've gone away after telling me one of the biggest things. I feel rather bad for thinking about it that much. It was something rather massive and I can't just forget about it. "I'll walk you back to the tant." He said the word tent rather oddly.

"I'd love to." I smiled at him. He was right next to me, it was practically the first time that we had walked side-by-side. One of us was usually in front of the other. "And yes that's important. Because clearly that's the only way I'd be able to get back."

"Yes. After this experiment, making you go outside at the dead of night with a torch would be a brilliant idea."